Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
05-16-2017, 11:58 PM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

Pixelshift official support and class leading motion correction - RawTherapee 5.1

For all those who love the about 50 Mpx equivalent results from a K-1 pixelshift image this is very good news:

RawTherapee - The libre, cross-platform raw photo developer

By far the leading raw converter now when it comes to processing those ultra detailed images and taking care of motion artifacts.

Any usage related questions are best posted here: The Squirrel Mafia's RawTherapee thread. Now with 50% more excellence & win! - Page 7 - PentaxForums.com

05-17-2017, 02:23 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have been using Raw Therapee for pixel shift development for quite awhile. It wasn't in the official build till now, but the developmental versions had it in them and really works. Much better able to fine tune the results from motion correction as well compared to Pentax's DCU.
05-17-2017, 05:22 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wow, great! I've been experimenting with RawTherapee recently, and its really powerful!
05-17-2017, 07:41 AM   #4
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Moved to relevant forum

05-17-2017, 11:25 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Moved to relevant forum
It definitely is not a general discussion, but Pentax related news just as any thread on 3rd party lenses in the news section is and they never get moved to the general lens subforums (for a reason).
So please move it back to the relevant forum.
05-17-2017, 11:36 AM - 2 Likes   #6
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
It definitely is not a general discussion, but Pentax related news just as any thread on 3rd party lenses in the news section is and they never get moved to the general lens subforums (for a reason).
So please move it back to the relevant forum.
I see this post primarily as news about software that happens to benefit Pentax K-1 owners. We get many requests / instructions from your good self and others to move threads to the best forum, and received just such a report on this thread, so there's a difference of opinion that we have to moderate. The thread could sit in either forum, but on balance I think it's better off where it is now.

Please contact the team directly if you wish to discuss
05-17-2017, 11:52 AM   #7

about software that happens to benefit Pentax K-1 owners
Why only Pentax K-1 owners? K3-II, K-70 and KP also support Pixel Shift

05-17-2017, 11:58 AM   #8
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by heckflosse Quote
Why only Pentax K-1 owners? K3-II, K-70 and KP also support Pixel Shift
I only mentioned K-1 as that's specifically what the OP mentioned in his initial post
05-17-2017, 11:59 AM   #9

I only mentioned K-1 as that's specifically what the OP mentioned in his initial post
Ah, ok, missed that
05-17-2017, 12:03 PM - 1 Like   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I see this post primarily as news about software that happens to benefit Pentax K-1 owners.
Any third party lens /flash etc. is an accessory that "happens to benefit Pentax users".

Whatever. I wont continue to try to find logical reasons.