Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-22-2017, 11:42 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wedding photography - Color grading.

Hello,
I am trying to get into color grading my pictures.
I have done this before but I think it was just luck that it worked.

What I want to know is how to choose a color from the picture to go with the grading of the whole image?
I have been reading about color palettes. But first I feel like I have to get a color from the image to start with.

Culture.

05-23-2017, 01:29 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Color grading is about finding a good color set according to your subject (don't get a yellow-orange mood, if your subject is in the snow wearing fur for exemple ).

It's also about consistency between the images of a whole set. The grading should work (with slight variations if necessary) between all the pictures of a same set.
05-23-2017, 02:56 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
Color grading is about finding a good color set according to your subject (don't get a yellow-orange mood, if your subject is in the snow wearing fur for exemple ).

It's also about consistency between the images of a whole set. The grading should work (with slight variations if necessary) between all the pictures of a same set.
Yeah of course it is good to use complimentary colors. Hence the color palette.
I am bad with colors that is why I am trying to find out how to start. Like in a ceremony location with wood paneling.
How does one add a colour grade. And you are right this look and feel has to basically be applied to most pictures at this location.

Bright reception. Which color grade to use? This is my dilema.

Culture.
05-23-2017, 10:59 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Do you have examples of what you are talking about?

05-23-2017, 11:45 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by leekil Quote
Do you have examples of what you are talking about?
You will see that the photos in these are color graded for a film effect.

London Jewish Wedding Photographer - Wedding Photographer London & the UK

Winters Barn Wedding - Kirsty & Rob - Wedding Photographer London & the UK