Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
05-23-2017, 08:34 PM   #16
dms
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I don’t see where the image required anything special—the biggest problem was it needed to be rotated (and cropped). Anyway did following:
--In adobe camera raw set to medium contrast (it was linear),
--then in photoshop rotated image, did moderate crop, and did unsharp mask to adjust contrast more

But now that I have a Tiff file I don't know how to return it to you. First time I used dropbox is now to get your dng file.

BTW this is not what one calls retouching. And given your fine exposure, use of backlighting, etc. I don't see where you need anything except a class/situation where critiquing is done--that places emphasis on the artistic part--not the mechanics of photography. Also would not suggest a course in digital processing--because the problems are not anything the simplest software couldn't handle--rather I think the area to consider is to get more feedback on what are the final artistic choices.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
NIKON D7100  Photo 

Last edited by dms; 05-23-2017 at 08:59 PM.
05-24-2017, 02:07 AM   #17

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think the main difficulty is that the head and shoulders have a contrast deficit and an increased luminosity compared to the lower part of the image.
05-24-2017, 04:59 AM   #18

Something like this should by ok
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
NIKON D7100  Photo 
05-24-2017, 05:13 AM   #19
Forum Member

Using Photoshop

I´m using raw-converter in photoshop cc. Sharpening picture, adding som contrast.
In photoshop I uses two layers off the photo, blending and adding contrast to the upper part of the picture.

mvh Kjell Vikestad

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
NIKON D7100  Photo 
05-24-2017, 05:22 AM   #20

Feel free to download the psd..
WeTransfer
Attached Images

05-24-2017, 05:29 AM   #21

I took a stab at this using PSPX9. First I used Adjust->Smart Photo Fix. I made adjustments to Shadows, Highlights, Saturation and Focus. I then used Adjust->Brightness and Contrast->Curves. There were small adjustments to make a small "S" curve. Last off i used the Clarity tool and did a little work on Red-Eye.
PSPX9 is not a widely used program. But I am disabled and would rather put moneys to Cameras and Lens.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
NIKON D7100  Photo 
05-24-2017, 06:50 AM   #22
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I tried to take a little bit different angle to processing than previous posters. I use capture One to do the edits. Added some contrast, saturation, clarity and structure to whole picture. Cut down the high lights from HDR adjust as much as possible to control the sky. Lifted the black level to the lower end of the histogram. Finally adjusted colors to final from Color balance tool. I left the picture to original size and angle.

Then I placed draw mask on the girl. Adjusted again contrast, brightness, saturation, shadows from HDR tool and skin color from color editor to make her brighter than backround.

Finally placed second draw mask on her eyes and teeth and lifted exposure, contrast, brightness and saturation to make them whiter and more visible. Also used spot removal to eliminate white flash reflection dots from her eyes.

05-24-2017, 08:14 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Brought it into Lightroom. Brought the exposure up. Temp at 5200. Raised contrast, shadows. Brought down highlights. Added a radial filter to brighten her face. Added an adjustment layer with increased warmth to fake sun from top left. A bit of dehaze. Sharpening. Can't remember what else. Cropped. It was fun to work with someone else's images.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
NIKON D7100  Photo 
05-24-2017, 12:48 PM   #24
Veteran Member

If you like it I will send you psd or tiff and dng file... you can see all there.

05-24-2017, 01:23 PM   #25
Pentaxian

Here is one more contribution, cropped in Adobe Camera Raw and developed in Color Efex Pro: Rouma in Pamplemousses-49481.tif - Google Drive

Note: the TIFF file is 26 Mbytes and is LZW compressed.

Best regards,
05-26-2017, 03:38 PM   #26
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
My Take

Here's my version.

I have no idea about getting the tiff to you just now, but I'm working on it.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
NIKON D7100  Photo 

Last edited by Kerrowdown; 05-26-2017 at 03:46 PM.
05-29-2017, 04:40 AM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There is a fair bit of haze around the head area, possibly because you may not have used a lens hood.

I used OloneoPhotEngine to remove the colour cast then increased brightness and some contrast and a bit of detail strength and finally back in Photoshop used Nik Viveza honed in on the hair, reduced brightness and increased just this area with a lot of contrast. This enabled me to decrease the haze to some extend.

Not knowing the young lady, but I think the skin colour is just about right.

Last edited by Schraubstock; 06-15-2017 at 02:46 AM.
06-05-2017, 06:28 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Late to the party but I figured I'd give it a shot too,

Basic colour correction, small grad layer for the sky, slight colour specific curve adjustment (I guess a light toning on the highlights is what it'd be called), burned a few parts, skin, hair highlights, removed distracting CA in eyes.

Message me if you want the tiff, my upload speed is abysmal.