Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-29-2017, 11:20 PM - 1 Like   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
...After downloading the latest version of Topaz Detail and installing it, I tried a few times to sharpen small jpg files using this plugin in Topaz Studio. Each time my Windows computer would crash.

So my computer crashing problem was caused by Topaz Detail. I deleted Topaz Detail and the crashing problem disappeared.
I have Detail 3, which, when run from Studio, takes a very long time to analyse an image (in my test run, a DNG from the K-1), and then to build previews, before doing anything else. I can't recall if it did that as a plug-in for CS5. so I'll have to try that, too, for comparison purposes. It did hang my MacBook the second time around after installing Studio, but after a reboot it seems to be running fine, but slow (much slower than the other Topaz plug-ins that I have) during initiation - after that, it seems to run OK.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
adobe, download, elements, files, k1, photography, photoshop, photoshop & elements, plugins, studio, tiff, topaz