Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-29-2017, 06:30 PM   #1

Trouble Connecting 645z to Lightroom on Macbook Air

I'm at my wits end and I cannot figure out what is going on. I am having trouble connecting my 645z to lighroom on my macbook air. When I start teather capture in lightroom it does not recognize the 645z and just says "no camera connected" and on my camera it just says "PcP" on the top screen. I have:

- updated my operating system to Sierra
- uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version of lighroom
- launched lightroom with factory default settings
- deleted and reinstalled the lightroom teather plugin and made sure it is enabled in ligtroom
- updated the firmware on my 645z

It has got to be something with my computer or lightroom setting or something is interfering with the lightroom plugin because I have the same version of lightroom and operating system on my desktop computer and using the same USB cable I can connect my 645z to my desktop and it recognizes the camera. Please any leads or tips or suggestions would be incredible helpful. Thank you.

---------- Post added 05-29-17 at 06:33 PM ----------

Also one additional point of info - I was teathering just fine on my macbook air with my 645z and then one day it just stopped connecting. I just cannot figure out how to get it back connected. Its maddening.

05-29-2017, 11:34 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Are you able to access the files on the camera via the finder? Also, I'd try another USB port just in case.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-30-2017, 08:28 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Resetting the Ports on a MacBook.

There are 2 things you can try if it turns out that you've got an issue with one or more ports on the MacBook. First, try resetting the NVRAM (nonvolatile random-access memory). You do this by holding down the following keys:

while restarting the computer. Hold them down until you hear a second set of the normal startup chimes and then let the MacBook finish restarting. Then try plugging your camera in again and try it out.

If it still doesn't work, try the procedure below:

The second option is to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on the MacBook. To do this, perform the following sequence of steps:
  1. Shut down your Mac.
  2. Unplug the MagSafe or USB-C power adapter from your computer.
  3. Using the built-in keyboard, press Shift-Control-Option on the left side of the keyboard, then press the power button at the same time. Hold these keys and the power button for 10 seconds.
  4. Release all keys.
  5. Reconnect the power adapter.
  6. Press the power button again to turn on your Mac.
There's no guarantee that either of these will work for your problem, but they've been known to fix port issues by resetting the ports. I've used them successfully on my MacPro for similar problems, although the exact sequence of steps for resetting the SMC is different. Never needed to use them on my MacBook Pro, however.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by subsea; 05-30-2017 at 08:12 PM.