Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-22-2017, 03:53 AM   #1

Capture One + K-1 = tether, ever?

Hi guys,

Thought I'd check around if anyone's heard anything about tethering becoming supported by Capture One?
I sent them an email a while back and they responded that they won't comment on any future development, but that they receive this question "quite often".
As I've understood it, tethering support is based on interest/request from customers..

Anybody heard anything? Anybody else interested in it?

I heard you can hot-folder it to C1 with Image Transmitter 2, but it takes what.. 5-7 seconds for an image to be displayed after pressing the shutter..?

Thanks for reading.

08-22-2017, 10:54 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Yeah, Capture One will do it if enough people ask, although I'm not sure what the exact number they're looking for to actually make it happen. Now if only they add Pixelshift.
08-24-2017, 01:32 AM   #3
sbh
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'd be intersted as well. Sometimes I use IT2 + DCU to save a few seconds per shot to see it. It's totally sufficient for most of my cases. Capture one can be open at the same time to fiddle around with adjustments if needed. However, CO hotfolder speed is still ok if you don't have a fast paced set. But yes, faster would be better. I wish IT2 would allow browsing the shots in the same window, that would be great.
08-25-2017, 05:29 AM   #4

Original Poster
Interesting, how long does it take to display an image with the IT2/DCU combo? I'm not asking for the world when it comes to tethering software, but having the possibility to continuously see your pictures at a decent speed as you shoot would be very helpful.

08-27-2017, 04:16 AM   #5
sbh
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Fabian Quote
Interesting, how long does it take to display an image with the IT2/DCU combo? I'm not asking for the world when it comes to tethering software, but having the possibility to continuously see your pictures at a decent speed as you shoot would be very helpful.
I get from 7 seconds (Capture One) down to 4.7 seconds in DCU. It's still not "fast" but a noticeable difference. This is from pressing the shutter until fully rendered on screen.

I've posted some testing a while back here: Tethering K-1 in to Capture One - PentaxForums.com
08-28-2017, 02:51 AM   #6

Original Poster
Okay, not blazing but definitely better than 7. Will go take a look at your thread now. Thank you!