Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-07-2017, 07:57 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Can anyone tell me if iPhoto and Aperture still run on Sierra and/or High Sierra?
I'm too invested in both Apps, with a huge shared library that I'm not willing or interested in switching over to Photos. The Photos editing interface is not friendly to me.

I'm still on El Capitan (10.11.6), and mostly happy, but know I should move up. Getting further behind with each update

Thanks in advance for information

11-08-2017, 06:52 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by K-Three Quote
Can anyone tell me if iPhoto and Aperture still run on Sierra and/or High Sierra?
I'm too invested in both Apps, with a huge shared library that I'm not willing or interested in switching over to Photos. The Photos editing interface is not friendly to me.

I'm still on El Capitan (10.11.6), and mostly happy, but know I should move up. Getting further behind with each update

iphoto gets converted over to photos. not sure if there's a way to install iphoto or not. but i'm guessing no. My iphoto library converted over flawlessly.

I have no idea about aperture.
11-13-2017, 11:38 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by K-Three Quote

I'm running Aperture on High Sierra. No problems. Like you heavily invested. Though I have tried ON1 and Photos on a few photos to determine if I need to leave Aperture behind....so far answer is no.
11-14-2017, 08:29 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Dice Quote
I'm running Aperture on High Sierra. No problems. Like you heavily invested. Though I have tried ON1 and Photos on a few photos to determine if I need to leave Aperture behind....so far answer is no.
That's good news,
Did you have to do anything to keep Photos from taking over when you updated?
I've currently got Photos, iPhoto and Aperture running on my iMac, I ported over the library to Photos when I upgraded to Yosemite(?), but kept the iPhoto/Aperture library that I do all my work in. I don't remember doing anything to keep iPhoto/Aperture going when I added Photos.

Appreciate you letting me know your experience,

11-17-2017, 10:00 PM   #20
Veteran Member

This is interesting about Aperture still working in High Sierra. I thought Aperture stopped working altogether at some point after a certain OS release. I am not an Aperture user myself but I know several people that tried to to move to LightRoom under the impression they had to as Aperture was going to stop working. There really wasn't an eminent need to after all.

I upgraded an SSD drive to High Sierra. I have been able to use ACR in Adobe Photoshop CS4 without any issues. I primarily only use PhotoShop for ACR so I can not say if any other parts of PSCS4 might not be working properly. Indesign CS4 isn't working in High Sierra. Illustrator CS4 opens files etc. DreamWeaver CS4 launches normally.