Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-26-2017, 12:58 PM   #16
mee
Veteran Member

Original Poster
So far I've given DxO two email addresses to get the links to download Nik Collection.. so far no email in my inbox..

Has anyone got the email with the download links ?

10-26-2017, 01:01 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Has anyone got the email with the download links ?
Google Nik Collection

Has a 'Download' button.
10-26-2017, 01:31 PM   #18
mee
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Google Nik Collection

Has a 'Download' button.

Yes... on google.. I'm looking for the DxO email. There is a page on the DxO website that says enter your email address to get the DxO Nik collection.. entering your email it says the download link has been emailed to you.. but I never get that email.
10-26-2017, 01:38 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
the DxO Nik collection
I don't believe they have changed anything yet with the Nik suite, so the old Nik collection remains the same.

But the integration of some of their technology into DxO Optics Pro / PhotoLab has already started, and works pretty well.

10-26-2017, 03:49 PM   #20
mee
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I don't believe they have changed anything yet with the Nik suite, so the old Nik collection remains the same.

But the integration of some of their technology into DxO Optics Pro / PhotoLab has already started, and works pretty well.
Ok.

So my question remains.. has anyone received an email message from DxO after submitting their email address on their website to download the Nik Collection from them?
10-26-2017, 06:17 PM   #21
Pentaxian

The link I see on DXO says the new Nik collection will be available mid-2018 and leave your email to be notified when it is available. I suppose they will actually want us to pay for it going forward -- we actually bought the suite for $600-something a long time ago before Google had it for free. (And it was well worth it.) I wonder if any of the original developers will be involved...
10-26-2017, 09:32 PM   #22
mee
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
The link I see on DXO says the new Nik collection will be available mid-2018 and leave your email to be notified when it is available. I suppose they will actually want us to pay for it going forward -- we actually bought the suite for $600-something a long time ago before Google had it for free. (And it was well worth it.) I wonder if any of the original developers will be involved...
You didn't go far enough down the page to see the free download now portion.

DPR helped me out answering this though.. some folks said they are too waiting for the email with the download links, one person said it took 2 hours for them. So they might just be overloaded right now.

10-27-2017, 03:21 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

But the integration of some of their [signature Nik Collection] technology into DxO Optics Pro / PhotoLab has already started, and works pretty well.

Jumped on the introduction upgrade offer (from OpticsPro 11 Elite to PhotoLab Elite), and am pleased with what I've seen so far. Haven't taken more than a first peek at the new local controls yet, but their integration appears pretty neat and seamless.

Also getting the impression that PhotoLab consistently loads faster than OpticsPro 11, which would be a bonus.
11-04-2017, 07:54 PM   #24
mee
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I finally got the DxO email with the download links... yes this is an identical version from Google. And I mean literal identical. It even includes the GOOGLE privacy policy. DxO has done absolutely nothing with it. I was expecting DxO terms of service/privacy policy and logos.

So yeah it is easier to just go to google and download them. DxO currently requires you to subscribe to their email list before the download links arrive in your inbox.
11-04-2017, 08:05 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Question to anyone who can answer this:

I already have the Nik collection installed as a plug-in in CS5 ... if DxO makes changes to it, will I be able to update those changes?
11-04-2017, 09:13 PM   #26
Pentaxian

Good news indeed! I use the Nik Collection on pretty much all my photos.