Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-10-2017, 09:01 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
m.2 drives in RAID 0.

I am considering adding a second m.2 drive to my MOBO and running it in Raid 0. Is anyone doing this? Would it increase performance enough to justify the cost, this thing is already pretty fast but speed is life!

11-11-2017, 01:32 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Disk speed may be better with RAID 0 but I don't think you would get much improvement overall from that setup. However, with two m2 drives you could use RAID 1 for redundancy or use one drive for OS and the other for programs/storage. Does the motherboard have two 2 m2 slots?
11-11-2017, 09:55 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by macronaut Quote
Disk speed may be better with RAID 0 but I don't think you would get much improvement overall from that setup. However, with two m2 drives you could use RAID 1 for redundancy or use one drive for OS and the other for programs/storage. Does the motherboard have two 2 m2 slots?
Yes it does have two slots.
I need to run some benchmarks I guess. The sequential read/write speeds are 3,138 and 1,574 MB/s so it is on par with the spec.