Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-12-2008, 01:26 AM   #31
Forum Member

May have found an answer to the blue screen. I had gotten another batch of seemingly random photos with the blue screen problem. As I was sorting it out in Aperture; key wording the problem files (yes I have a key word just for the blue screen files) so I could export them to bridge, I noticed that all the problem files had odd ISO settings. By odd I mean 640, 250, 160 etc. The 1/3 settings that the K200D can do. It got my interest so I checked on all of my problem files. ALL OF THEM HAD THE ODD ISO SETTINGS. Then I checked the okay files and all of them had 1 f stop settings, as in 100, 200, 400, 800 etc. Without fail if it had the odd ISO I got the blue screen and if it had the one f stop settings it was okay. After looking through several hundred photos it can't be just a coincidence. Check out your problem files and see what you get.

Last edited by Alan 2; 09-12-2008 at 01:39 AM.
09-12-2008, 08:56 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Did you already do this?

Apple - Downloads - Application Updates - Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 2.1
09-12-2008, 11:20 AM   #33
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
I had updated that the day it came out. Since I was an Aperture user I was waiting for the update before I got the K200D. If I remember correctly I bought the camera the day after the update.

I did some more testing on the ISO settings. It appears as if all of the whole and half step ISO settings are okay. It's only the 1/3 ISO settings that are the problem files. This explains the seemingly random nature of the blue screen problem. Another interesting observation is that the histogram does not show up with any of the problem files.
09-14-2008, 11:29 PM   #34
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I think Alan 2 is on to something here. I have looked into this briefly with some of my problem photos, and those that are causing problems are on some of the 1/3 ISO numbers (640, etc.). My guess is that Apple software (iPhoto and Aperture) are not dealing with these 1/3 ISO settings correctly. I guess until Apple fixes this problem, I can just shoot in whole or half step ISO settings. But it is annoying that Apple photo software struggles with these photos.

09-17-2008, 12:42 AM   #35
Forum Member

It looks as if the latest camera update for Aperture has fixed the problem. No blue screen with any files. Finally. It also fixed the auto rotate which wasn't working with the K200D. Don't know about iPhoto as I don't use it.