Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-27-2008, 05:36 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Color Cast IR Help PLEASE!!!

Hi All,
I have a K100D which has been converted to IR.
I have two HP printers. I use both Elements and Paint Shop Pro.
Until the most recent batch of IR images, I have been able to convert my IR images in either program and print them on either printer with no color cast.
The only difference with the batch I am having trouble with is that I "batch converted" the whole card worth of images to TIFF from RAW without opening or otherwise looking at the images first.
They have a magenta/brown cast when printed.
I have converted to B&W, changed "mode" to Greyscale (and discarded color information), 100% desaturated, and probably a few other things as well.
On my monitor, the images appear B&W. (But when I turn the "brightness all the way up, I can see a bit of pink in the sky.)
When printed, the result is the same, a yucky magenta/brown cast.
I can go back to other images that printed B&W just fine, and they still do.
One expert suggested I add a little green. I would sure hope there is a better approach.
Can anyone help?
Thanks.
Jack