Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2017, 12:55 AM   #31

Cinelerra Art for linux.

12-02-2017, 09:46 PM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
ACDSee has a video editor for $59.99: ACDSee Video Studio 2
01-30-2019, 08:59 PM   #33

Thanks a lot for the recommendations in this thread! I went ahead and got Filmora.
I'll report back after I used it after some time.
Thanks again!
02-01-2019, 05:40 AM   #34

DaVinci Resolve 15 | Blackmagic Design

02-01-2019, 06:51 AM   #35
Pentaxian

I'm not a professional, I liked these two programs.

This is a good program that will cover basic needs. Photo & Video Editor | PowerDirector & PhotoDirector | Cyberlink
This program uses CUDA technology. As a result, the rendering is very fast.
Big plus - this program is very easy to understand even for a beginner. Another big plus - supports many different formats.

and this program - VideoStudio Pro: Video Editing Software by Corel

Pinnacle Studio - This is also a good program, but since version 16, in my opinion, it has become more difficult to master. The 14th version resembles Cyberlink and Corel .... and from the 16th it seemed to me that it became difficult.

Last edited by Martin Stu; 02-01-2019 at 07:13 AM.
02-01-2019, 01:56 PM   #36
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Martin Stu Quote
I'm not a professional, I liked these two programs.

This is a good program that will cover basic needs. Photo & Video Editor | PowerDirector & PhotoDirector | Cyberlink
This program uses CUDA technology. As a result, the rendering is very fast.
Big plus - this program is very easy to understand even for a beginner. Another big plus - supports many different formats.

and this program - VideoStudio Pro: Video Editing Software by Corel

Pinnacle Studio - This is also a good program, but since version 16, in my opinion, it has become more difficult to master. The 14th version resembles Cyberlink and Corel .... and from the 16th it seemed to me that it became difficult.
Just a note on the Cyberlink suite in case it's relevant.

I bought that program a couple of years ago, I've used it a little and found it good but am not in a position to compare it with anything else. My post is to highlight that since I bought my version it has gone to a subscription business model. However I'm not sure whether you have to buy into a subscription or not.

Tas
02-01-2019, 07:16 PM   #37
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote
However I'm not sure whether you have to buy into a subscription or not.
you can try the trial version

11-03-2019, 05:51 PM - 1 Like   #38
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I currently use Adobe Photoshop Elements for photo editing and I may end up getting Premiere for editing videos, but before spending money to do that I checked out the free Photos application in Windows 10 and it's certainly meets my basic needs. I watched one short instruction video on You Tube and within about 10 minutes I had combined four videos, subsetting each video and then resizing the resulting file for sharing on-line. Historically I've shot very few videos and those have normally been landscape panoramas, so no editing was needed. Now I have a grandchild and I'm sure I'll be shooting video much more frequently. So until my needs move beyond the basics, I'll be using Photos.