Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
12-01-2017, 06:37 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Bill Wadman (editorial portrait photog who shoots with the Pentax 645Z), talks about how he changes the exif data to have it show Phase One IQ250 and uses the color profile for that (he talks about it here at the 17 minute mark:
)

12-02-2017, 10:37 AM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by disconnekt Quote
Bill Wadman (editorial portrait photog who shoots with the Pentax 645Z), talks about how he changes the exif data to have it show Phase One IQ250 and uses the color profile for that (he talks about it here at the 17 minute mark: TCF Hangout with Bill Wadman on the Pentax 645z - YouTube)
I use exiftool to put back the lens id in the jpegs I share, but I haven't tried changing the exif of the original raw files to something that capture one will use correctly. I'll have to try that.
12-02-2017, 03:44 PM   #18
sbh
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
I honestly don't expect anyone to really support pixlshift. There will probably be support for the Sony version in the new A7R3 before we get it.

Is the profile for the K-1 at least better than the one in LR?
I have only compared it to other current editors like dxo 11, raw therapy, silypix ds pro 8, Phocus and Affinity Photo raw persona. dxo is over-doing it and the others don't get the rich, deep and brilliant colours that C1 produces somehow.

So, C1 gives me the best results although I don't do portraits but rather products. The only alternative that comes equal in terms of IQ is DCU which is to be expected.

For C1 it is important to know that colour quality and editing is the strong side. The tool that I use most is the advanced colour editor. It is so easy to use and powerful.

Lens wise it only supports the Limiteds. However, it has all the individual correction tools you need like distortion, diffraction, sharpness falloff in the edges, vignetting, CA, purple fringing etc....

There is no direct tethering, I use IT2 with hot folders in to C1.

Last edited by sbh; 12-02-2017 at 03:52 PM.
12-03-2017, 12:16 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by sbh Quote
I have only compared it to other current editors like dxo 11, raw therapy, silypix ds pro 8, Phocus and Affinity Photo raw persona. dxo is over-doing it and the others don't get the rich, deep and brilliant colours that C1 produces somehow.

So, C1 gives me the best results although I don't do portraits but rather products. The only alternative that comes equal in terms of IQ is DCU which is to be expected.

For C1 it is important to know that colour quality and editing is the strong side. The tool that I use most is the advanced colour editor. It is so easy to use and powerful.

Lens wise it only supports the Limiteds. However, it has all the individual correction tools you need like distortion, diffraction, sharpness falloff in the edges, vignetting, CA, purple fringing etc....

There is no direct tethering, I use IT2 with hot folders in to C1.
I think I will most likely take the plunge on C1 for the increased color quality. I like LR and have grown accustomed to it's interface but it feels kind of limited and bit bloated to me at this point. I think I am ready to take the next step as far as my editing is concerned and I don't mean using Photoshop.

12-03-2017, 02:17 AM - 1 Like   #20
sbh
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
I think I will most likely take the plunge on C1 for the increased color quality. I like LR and have grown accustomed to it's interface but it feels kind of limited and bit bloated to me at this point. I think I am ready to take the next step as far as my editing is concerned and I don't mean using Photoshop.
After downloading, you don't need to purchase it right away, you can test it for a certain period (I don't recall how long).

There are tutorials and webinars on all kinds of topics on youtube and their website made by phase one. I found them very interesting for best practices.

Last edited by sbh; 12-03-2017 at 04:46 PM.
12-03-2017, 04:43 PM   #21
Veteran Member

I have C1 Pro for Sony ($75) and it has slowly been becoming my favorite. If I do switch over to Sony completely I will probably stop using Adobe.
01-09-2018, 12:39 PM   #22
Veteran Member

The big change to me seems to be layers that can be combined easily, including several styles combined with oppacity and of course masking the various layers, this quite improve what you can do if you need complex post processing.

01-09-2018, 02:02 PM - 1 Like   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 77me Quote
I use exiftool to put back the lens id in the jpegs I share, but I haven't tried changing the exif of the original raw files to something that capture one will use correctly. I'll have to try that.
Being on command line (osx terminal) in the images directory I use this command - works in Capture One. Until now no problems appeared using the modified raw files, but of course this is no guarantee:

exiftool -overwrite_original '-exif:LensModel<${Composite:LensID}' .

If Pentax would use the standard LensModel exif tag in their in camera exif creation we'd see the LensModel in Capture One Pro. Problem caused by Phase One or Pentax?
01-09-2018, 05:36 PM - 1 Like   #24

QuoteOriginally posted by acoufap Quote
Being on command line (osx terminal) in the images directory I use this command - works in Capture One. Until now no problems appeared using the modified raw files, but of course this is no guarantee:

If Pentax would use the standard LensModel exif tag in their in camera exif creation we'd see the LensModel in Capture One Pro. Problem caused by Phase One or Pentax?
Thanks. Since my post I have been executing a shell script before importing files in to Capture One which looks like:

exiftool -P -overwrite_original -lens\<lensid -exififd:lensmodel\<lensid @$

You would think if exiftool can convert the lens id and lens type tags, Capture One could create lens model from one of them -- especially since a paying customer filed a bug report.
04-19-2018, 05:36 AM - 1 Like   #25

Original Poster
Capture One 11.1

First large update: Capture One 11.1
Overview:
http://http://alexonraw.com/capture-one-11-1/
05-03-2018, 11:05 PM   #26

Original Poster
Capture One 11.1.1

Capture One 11.1.1 released with Leica M (typ 262) support and bug fixes.

Full Update Features List:

New Cameras Support
• Leica M (typ 262)

Bug fixes: Mac
• Fixed an issue with “Crop to Path” not respecting full canvas
• Fixed an issue where Histogram did not respect crop
• Fixed an issue with Auto Crop in CH edition
• Fixed an issue where the GUI duplicated folders in the library tool (Catalog)
• Fixed an issue where the include “All Other Metadata” option was ignored

Bug fixes: Win
• Fixed an issue where Resource hub didn’t work for some users
• Fixed an issue with Explorer’s “open with” command not working for files
• Improved viewer update performance during rapid tethered Capture

More info here:
05-08-2018, 07:02 PM - 1 Like   #27
PDL
Pentaxian

I downloaded Capture One v 11.1.1 today (2018/05/08). The above message looked like it was out four days ago. It is out there now, go get it and enjoy.

For you Lightroom users out there I suggest you sign up for the following webinars:
https://www.phaseone.com/en/Webinars.aspx
Migrating from Lightroom to Capture One
Sessions and Catalogues - which to choose

You do not have to own Capture One to participate.

Last edited by PDL; 05-08-2018 at 07:13 PM.
05-17-2018, 02:40 AM   #28
Pentaxian

The "Migrating from Lightroom to Capture One" webinar will run on 24 May (on two different times). Great opportunity to ask questions.

BTW, for experienced Capture One users, today's "Follow our Footsteps" webinar was really useful, even for experienced Capture One users. If you didn't see it, be sure to watch it on YouTube later.
05-17-2018, 09:08 AM   #29
PDL
Pentaxian

OK - word of warning about being dense.

I did not turn on reminders on the webinar this morning so I connected just in time to get the sign off message. It pays to be a little bit more attentive.
I will catch the webinar on YouTube in a few days.

Got up early this morning too. Nice to know there is no fool like an old fool and other snarky quips.
10-24-2018, 07:25 AM   #30
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by acoufap Quote

QuoteOriginally posted by 77me:
Thanks. Since my post I have been executing a shell script before importing files in to Capture One which looks like:

exiftool -P -overwrite_original -lens\<lensid -exififd:lensmodel\<lensid @$

You would think if exiftool can convert the lens id and lens type tags, Capture One could create lens model from one of them -- especially since a paying customer filed a bug report.
Sorry to bring back an old topic on top, but I am having the same problem with Capture One not displaying the right lens info.
Since C1 supports Apple scripts, is there a way to make an Apple script to run within c1? That would be easier no? How would such a script look like?
I don't have any experience with scripts so I wouldn't know where to start.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!