Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
05-27-2019, 04:56 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Long time SilkyPix user here since version 3 or so. Presently using 9 Pro.

Some thoughts...

The Pro versions have tools that make the extra cash worthwhile. I use the partial correction and HDR tools a lot as I often shoot outdoors in harsh marine/winter conditions and need to reduce blowouts/enhance dark areas often.

Silkypix handles colors very nicely and the range of tweeks possible is enormous. Everything from somewhat garish 60s Kodak postcard renderings to highly realistic and sharp modern renderings is available in dropdown menus.

The learning curve takes a while especially as the manual is written in Japanglish. One gets used to the dialect soon enough.

One hint: Work down vertically through any tools needed from top to bottom on the right side panel. This allows consistent workflow and consistent results.

Databasing functions are downright primitive though they are beginning to address that area in version 9.

Last edited by jgnfld; 05-27-2019 at 05:01 AM.
05-27-2019, 06:40 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jgnfld Quote
I use the ........... HDR tools a lot
Me too. I find almost any shot can be improved with a bit of tweaking of the HDR Dodge/Burn tool. from subtle changes to quite agressive ones sometimes.

It is similar to what used to be achieved in the contrast menu, using the contrast/contrast centre/gamma/black point tools. But the HDR tool makes it all so much easier.