Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
01-15-2018, 07:12 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Polarr Photo Editor going subscription

I've been testing/using the Polarr Photo Editor and have been both pleased and surprised. There are a bucketful of tools in the free version, and the "Pro" version gets you more tools (including denoise and spot adjustments) and a large variety of filters (think Lightroom presets).

Currently, the $20 Pro upgrade gets you full functionality on a variety of platforms - Windows, Linux, Chrome, Mac OS, iOS, and Android - which is unique. However, the Polarr team has announced they are going to a subscription status in early 2018:

Polarr is going subscription - Polarr Wiki

So, if you've had interest in this software in the past, now's the time to think about upgrading to Pro. Just wanted to give folks a heads up.

(Disclaimer: I have no financial interest in Polarr, but I am working on a two-part article about the software for PF. Adam thought this bit of information perhaps should go out sooner, in case anyone might be interested before the change takes place.)

Last edited by babywriter; 01-15-2018 at 08:43 PM.
01-16-2018, 05:00 AM   #2

Photos: Albums
I use Polarr in my phone regularly. It is very recommendable app, I think.
01-16-2018, 06:10 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
*sigh* Another one. **** Adobe and its business model, how I hate thee.
01-16-2018, 10:38 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
*sigh* Another one. **** Adobe and its business model, how I hate thee.
As do I. Their software is too expensive and often a vector for malware. Pass.

01-16-2018, 03:14 PM - 1 Like   #5
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

I was extremely lucky with this... I bought Polarr's "Photo Editor Pro" for Windows back in October 2016 for £1.49 (just over $2 at the current exchange rate) when they were running a very special offer in the Windows Apps Store (see my post about that HERE). Anyway, I've checked and it seems that as an existing Pro user, I now have a 248 year subscription (!) at no extra cost that gives me access to all existing features across every platform I don't like the subscription model, but I have to applaud Polarr for looking after existing users... It's quite a stark contrast to Adobe!

The software's actually very good, and extremely easy to use - but, unfortunately, RAW support is buggy right now - which is a shame, as the user interface is great, and functionality is pretty impressive. The nicest part of the offering, in my view, is the browser-based editor, which works really well. Unfortunately, it seems the browser platform has absolutely no RAW support currently Still, it's a very capable bit of software, and the online offering is good for "on the go" editing of JPEGs

Last edited by BigMackCam; 01-16-2018 at 03:38 PM.