Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-31-2008, 07:11 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
K10D or Photo Laboratory 3 -mimic Canon jpg output?

Hello, Everyone:

I'm shooting raw+jpeg with my K10D. The jpeg output in "normal" mode with no adjustments in saturation or sharpness. After a recent vacation, my wife commented that the jpegs looked fuzzy and flat, and she held out examples of our old Canon A-40 as what she liked for output. She commented that the overall sharpness of the Canon images were better and that the colors were all more vibrant especially blues.

I am assuming I've need to adjust the settings on jpg output, both in camera and in my Photo Lab 3 software. If there are any former Canon owners out there who have adjusted their output to better mimic the look of canon in-camera processing, I'd appreciate some guidance. I could go ahead and experiment, but perhaps someone else has already created this wheel.

Anyone care to share what they've learned, for the sake of my wife's continuing approval of my Pentax gear?

Regards,

Germar

09-01-2008, 03:21 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K10 jpegs require a couple changes in the default settings in the camera. Bump the sharpness up and use the vibrant setting instead of normal. You'll notice a nice difference if you are looking for snappier jpegs.
09-01-2008, 06:16 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you're shooting raw as well why not just use those?