Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-17-2020, 09:11 AM - 1 Like   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Excellent work Marc, you deserve a big Atta-Boy on this! Lets hope that this gets the ball rolling. Its strange that the HD PENTAX-DA* 11-18mm F2.8 ED DC AW introduced by Ricoh/Pentax almost 3 years after the 55-300 PLM and DXO has a module for it. The HD Pentax-D FA* 50mm f/1.4 SDM AW was released in June 2018 and it also has a module. It appears to me that perhaps Ricoh Imaging Europe dropped the ball along the way or possibly they didn't consider the 55-300 PLM as being important enough to loan one to DXO. What ever the problem was, I hope your efforts pays off with a module in the near future.Again, many thanks for your effort to get this problem resolved.

Sure appreciated Larry, but your own role shouldn't be underestimated. Hope our concerted "campaign" will serve as a reminder to DxO that the Pentax part of their camera/lens profile library deserves some renewed attention. And there is still work to do: While I trust that they won't overlook the new HD PENTAX-DFA* 85mm F1.4 ED SDM AW, there aren't yet dedicated modules for the recent reissues HD PENTAX-FA 35mm F2 AL and HD PENTAX-DA Fish-Eye 10-17mm F3.5-4.5 ED (both have been the subject of several lens module suggestion forms I have sent). Plus, I noticed that the vignetting compensation in the existing module for the smc PENTAX-DA Fish-Eye 10-17mm F3.5-4.5 overshoots so that you end up with "dodged" corners, unless you take back the intensity of the correction to about 25%. Wouldn't be surprised if their testing/calibration regime struggled with the extreme FOV of fisheye lenses.

Will attend to these matters as soon as I can, but currently I have to balance them with the requirements of my day-to-day job.

Last edited by Madaboutpix; 08-17-2020 at 09:17 AM.
09-24-2020, 06:44 AM - 3 Likes   #47
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Just received an email notification about the respective thread over on DxO Forums where DxO staffer Marie writes,

"Hello,

we will support this lens (i.e. the 55-300 PLM) for the end of the year.

Regards,
Marie"

In its original context: Still no lens module for HD PENTAX-DA 55-300mm F4.5-6.3 ED PLM WR RE - really? - Which feature do you need? - DxO Forums

Should we really get our lens module after all?

Last edited by Madaboutpix; 09-24-2020 at 06:55 AM.
09-24-2020, 03:14 PM   #48
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Madaboutpix Quote
Great news. Thanks for passing this on.
09-24-2020, 03:33 PM   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
Great news. Thanks for passing this on.
Great news

09-24-2020, 04:27 PM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Madaboutpix Quote
Just received an email notification about the respective thread over on DxO Forums where DxO staffer Marie writes,

"Hello,

we will support this lens (i.e. the 55-300 PLM) for the end of the year.

Regards,
Marie"

In its original context: Still no lens module for HD PENTAX-DA 55-300mm F4.5-6.3 ED PLM WR RE - really? - Which feature do you need? - DxO Forums

Time will tell, thanks for passing this along. Marc. You have done a great job with this....many thanks.