Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-27-2018, 09:50 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Snapseed on an ipad

Hi
I do everything on a budget and have been using snapseed as my raw processor. It worked fine with my K30 (16 megapixel) but now crashes when I try to process a 24 megapixel shot from my new K3. Any suggestions? Or can you recommend an alternative. While we are at it, what do you use on a laptop? Nothing I have installed seems to work with raw!

Thanks

02-27-2018, 10:57 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I use dxo on my laptop. On my old Chromebook I ran into similar issues moving from k50 to k3 with Polarr. It stopped working as the files got bigger. I would guess you need a more powerful tablet with more ram. This is just a guess.
02-27-2018, 11:47 AM   #3

I also vote for RAM.
The 24mpix from the KP work well on snapseed with 2GB.
02-27-2018, 02:17 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Photoshop express also died. New iPad time I think I will have a look for dxo thanks guys

02-28-2018, 01:57 AM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
Hi
I do everything on a budget and have been using snapseed as my raw processor. It worked fine with my K30 (16 megapixel) but now crashes when I try to process a 24 megapixel shot from my new K3. Any suggestions?
I believe the K-30 RAW files are 12-bit depth and the K-3 are 14-bit depth, and that may be the issue with the Snapseed version on your iPad. There is often the conundrum where using a newer bigger camera file, requires updated software which often demands updated hardware such as more RAM or more VRAM or faster video card.

With my older iPad and greater processing power needed, I often need to close opened apps. Have you tried that? Double click on the home button, then swipe up all the open apps to close them. And then as a last measure to try to get it to work, Iʻd power off the iPad and then restart it.

How to close open Apps on your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch

Other tips include making sure you have at least 10% free space on the internal drive and going into system preferences and clearing your cache and cookies. If none of this helps, on the positive side I can say that the new iPads and iPad Pro (with Apple Pencil) are really a joy to work with.