Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
03-03-2018, 03:28 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lsimpkins Quote
I am not seeing this issue.

I am using LR Classic CC with latest updates. My workflow is to apply Auto Tone during DNG file import, so all my images are processed to some degree. I have LR set up to write metadata changes to XMP.

I just opened a DNG file in LR that I know I heavily edited in LR. When I open the same file in Pentax DCU 5, what I see is the original unedited file (not even my crops). If I open the file in On1 Photo RAW 2017, I see the same thing as in PDCU.

As a SWAG, could this be yet another Graphics Processor related issue?
I don't believe either of those applications will recognize the parameters that Lr saves into a DNG; only other Adobe products could recognize those changes. There are a few products that CAN see Adobe parameters, like Mylio. I think maybe one of the open source products as well, although maybe I'm thinking of Ps files. If you want another application to work on something Lr has adjusted, with those adjustments, you could export instead. This is because Lr is a non-destructive editor (to raw).

03-03-2018, 09:41 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Oakland Rob Quote
I don't believe either of those applications will recognize the parameters that Lr saves into a DNG; only other Adobe products could recognize those changes. There are a few products that CAN see Adobe parameters, like Mylio. I think maybe one of the open source products as well, although maybe I'm thinking of Ps files. If you want another application to work on something Lr has adjusted, with those adjustments, you could export instead. This is because Lr is a non-destructive editor (to raw).
I was reporting my experience, detailing lack of file corruption by LR, so that the OP had additional information. When I wish to use On1 on an image, I right click in LR and Edit In ... I basically never use PDCU. However I have used Windows Photo Viewer and that app does show the edited version of my dng files. Thanks for your additional information.
03-04-2018, 10:27 AM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lsimpkins Quote
I am not seeing this issue.

I am using LR Classic CC with latest updates. My workflow is to apply Auto Tone during DNG file import, so all my images are processed to some degree. I have LR set up to write metadata changes to XMP.

I just opened a DNG file in LR that I know I heavily edited in LR. When I open the same file in Pentax DCU 5, what I see is the original unedited file (not even my crops). If I open the file in On1 Photo RAW 2017, I see the same thing as in PDCU.

As a SWAG, could this be yet another Graphics Processor related issue?
Thanks to everyone who posted replies.

Thank you Isimpkins... after you suggested that this might be a GPU issue, I installed LR on a completely different PC and found no corrupted files. After a process of elimination involving several tests and component permutations, I think that you are spot on in diagnosing "yet another Graphics Processor related issue". I will discuss this this with the Adobe Support Team. THANK YOU!

---------- Post added 03-04-18 at 10:29 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by JeaPea Quote
Thanks to everyone who posted replies.

Thank you Isimpkins... after you suggested that this might be a GPU issue, I installed LR on a completely different PC and found no corrupted files. After a process of elimination involving several tests and component permutations, I think that you are spot on in diagnosing "yet another Graphics Processor related issue". I will discuss this this with the Adobe Support Team. THANK YOU!
P.S. If you have any links relating to "yet another Graphics Processor related issue" I should be grateful if you would post them, JeaPea
03-05-2018, 10:05 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JeaPea Quote
P.S. If you have any links relating to "yet another Graphics Processor related issue" I should be grateful if you would post them, JeaPea
There have been examples of issues with LR (mostly speed related or actual freezing) reported on other forums such as Ugly Hedgehog. Most of the time the solution has been to disable use of the GPU. Specific issues are hard to search for, since the reported problem is not immediately recognized as GPU related.

I personally have seen LR change its assessment of my graphics card from Pass to Fail with the move to LR Classic CC (or maybe with an earlier update, just not sure). However, my understanding of the requirements for the card had me running LR without use of the GPU from when they first added the feature. Adobe has a GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ page at Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ