Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-02-2018, 11:59 AM   #1
Veteran Member

High quality printing service in Germany

Hello people of Germany,

i am searching for a high quality printing service, and i would like to know what do you recommend?

I have used europafoto, and my oppionion is:

+ the pictures look really good, colors are as expected, nice and saturated
+ neatly packed, and they also include some cotton gloves
+ the actual print is not as much as one would expect, but once you start adding accessories like frames and mounts, the price skyrockets
- i do not like the fact that you can not buy normal paper, only on a 4mm board, which make it a bit more difficult to put in a nice cheap frame

I am looking for a printing service with all of the above, but on normal photo paper, its easier to store and handle. (i envy our fellow american forum buddies for the deals they are having there on printers)

03-02-2018, 01:32 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, the most obvious choice if you're looking for gallery-quality results would be WhiteWall, I guess. The prices they charge sure reflect that, it should be noted. And for really impressive results that benefit from their imaging expertise, your files would have to be processed accordingly, before you upload them.

This is their website:

Fotos hinter Acrylglas auf Alu-Dibond, Leinwand, Fotobuch | WhiteWall
03-03-2018, 03:57 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I ordered prints from WhiteWall, Saal Digital and Passepartout-Werkstatt - different papers, black & white and color.

Passepartout-Werkstatt offers everything you need (frames from different manufacturers, passepartouts, prints, supportive material ...) seperately or in combination. Concerning the prints they cooperated with the Berlin certified Fine Art Printing Service Jam FineArtPrint when I ordered some frames, passepartouts and prints. I was very happy with the results.

Problem always is that like you say the prints are not the most expensive. The whole framing with good frame, passepartout etc. costs a lot. But of course there are also other ways of mounting availlable that may be cheaper but ... that’s personal taste and high quality always costs.

Hope I could help.
03-03-2018, 09:41 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you bot for your replies. I will try both (whitewall and Passepartout-Werkstatt) and see which i like the most. I always buy the frames separately and spontaneously where i find nice and cheap ones.

Until now i i havent had the need to invest expensive frames, i find the cheap ones more than satisfactory if the photo is nice, and leaves more money to invest in hardware.

03-03-2018, 10:30 AM   #5

Depending on how much printing you actually do, and how good you are at photoshoping your own work, it might be well worthwhile ordering a high grade printer. A top of the line non-commercial Epson or Cannon, capable of printing up to 17"x13" or using roll paper can be had in the $1000 to $1500 range. It doesn't take many print jobs to pay for that.
03-03-2018, 05:04 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Dean2 Quote
Depending on how much printing you actually do, and how good you are at photoshoping your own work, it might be well worthwhile ordering a high grade printer. A top of the line non-commercial Epson or Cannon, capable of printing up to 17"x13" or using roll paper can be had in the $1000 to $1500 range. It doesn't take many print jobs to pay for that.
I gave that a thought but it is not economically viable. i do not print that much, and it is only for personal use. if i would find an offer similar to the one in us, the one with an almost free canon 100 pro. That would change soon, but such offers do not exist here, sadly.