Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2018, 09:53 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Thanks for the replies!

QuoteOriginally posted by heckflosse Quote
The nRead and ePerIso have been measured by Ilias (a RawTherapee contributor, who knows more about measuring them than I do).
Is Ilias a member here as well?

Just take it as meta-code and translate it to something different.
Sure, but I wonder if they are going to do it with code that is so sparsely commented. For projects of this size it is often easier to code something yourself as opposed to understand what someone else was doing. This is not to say that they couldn't learn from your experiences but depending on many factors, such as whether or not they'd wanted to adapt it so that it runs optimally on a GPU, the code as is may not be that helpful to them.

Have you tried to offer it to them?
But then, why would you?

I had a look at RT, it seems to have made big strides since I looked at it last time. Nice work!

04-08-2018, 10:28 AM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Is Ilias a member here as well?
No, but he's on pixls.us (ilias_giarimis) and on github (iliasg)

We did not try to offer it to them

About the comments in code ... I won't comment Why should I? The readability of the code is not so bad at all.
04-08-2018, 07:58 PM   #18
PDL
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
In terms of "code" are you are assuming that this "code" will work for anything other than Pentax? Does RT support pixel shift on Olympus, Panasonic and now Sony using the same code? Or does this "code" only support Pentax?

If it only supports Pentax, then why would Phase One really care? Maybe, Phase One should buy Pentax from Rioch and eliminate a competitor and gain a IBIS technology that provides pixel shift and we (Pentax users) would finally get a decent default image processing program.
04-08-2018, 09:59 PM - 1 Like   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by PDL Quote
In terms of "code" are you are assuming that this "code" will work for anything other than Pentax?
The code also supports Sony Pixel Shift, which should incidentally could be interesting to Phase One because they do a special Sony-dedicated version of Capture One.

Maybe, Phase One should buy Pentax from Rioch and eliminate a competitor and gain a IBIS technology that provides pixel shift and we (Pentax users) would finally get a decent default image processing program.
I'd say Capture One Pro is already a very decent image processing program for processing Pentax files. By using dcrawps or RT in a pre-processing state, you can also work on Pixel Shift images. In that sense, it is my "default" choice.

I wouldn't ever expect the "Pro" version to become the "free of charge" supplied default software coming with a camera, because it goes way beyond what software at this level typically provides. Capture One Express for Sony comes free with Sony cameras, but it is a stripped down version of Capture One Pro.

04-09-2018, 01:04 AM   #20
PDL
Pentaxian

I did have a short conversation while attending a Capture One webinar where I asked if they were ever going to support pixel shift. The immediate reply was no there were no plans to support pixel shift. But as more camera body manufacturers include pixel shift (or something along those lines) there is an outside chance that Sony pixel shift just might get some attention. This could happen because Sony and Phase One are working closely together on sensor technologies for the Phase One backs.
Thank you for repeating what I said before. I have said several time on this forum and even this thread, Capture One is my preferred RAW converter.
04-09-2018, 01:59 AM   #21
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Can you build the pixelshift in RawTherapee into single DNG and export it to be processed in Capture One?

I use CO as PP software and I'm planning to get K1ii in the future and it would be nice to be able to use pixelshift with my current procedure. I wouldn't want to go to a new software completely, but wouldn't mind the pre-PP in an other program.
04-09-2018, 02:56 AM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
Can you build the pixelshift in RawTherapee into single DNG and export it to be processed in Capture One?

I use CO as PP software and I'm planning to get K1ii in the future and it would be nice to be able to use pixelshift with my current procedure. I wouldn't want to go to a new software completely, but wouldn't mind the pre-PP in an other program.
Your best option is to make a TIFF file with fairly neutral settings and then process it after the fact in whatever your favorite raw developer is.

04-09-2018, 05:08 AM   #23

Does RT support pixel shift on Olympus, Panasonic and now Sony using the same code?
It supports Pentax PS PEF and DNG files and Sony PS ARQ files.
04-09-2018, 11:33 AM - 1 Like   #24

Just for fun and a bit off topic because it's not related to Capture One, but related to Pixel Shift motion detection
Detect flying birds with Pixel Shift - RawTherapee - discuss.pixls.us
04-09-2018, 01:04 PM   #25

There is a small, but very expensive, industry built around the digitalization of Cultural Heritage
Well, for example Home | Picturae

They use RT to process the raw files (even the Phase One IQ 100 files). Though they don't use Pixel Shift currently.
04-09-2018, 02:52 PM - 1 Like   #26
PDL
Pentaxian

Well, for example Home | Picturae

They use RT to process the raw files (even the Phase One IQ 100 files). Though they don't use Pixel Shift currently.
I checked out the site, very cool, although I could not find any mention of RT during my quick look. My first college degree was in Anthropology and the digital storage of information was in its very beginnings. When I received my degree, I bought a TRS-80 Model 1 which lead to my work in digitizing Archaeological information.
04-09-2018, 02:58 PM - 1 Like   #27

I checked out the site, very cool, although I could not find any mention of RT during my quick look.
They invited me to have a look at their RT workflow last year in Novembre. That was really interesting.

When I received my degree, I bought a TRS-80 Model 1 which lead to my work in digitizing Archaeological information
That's very long time ago. Though I thougth being an an old one, you still beat me I made my first steps at the age of 14, as my father bought me a C64. Ahh, not true, he told me how to read punch cards when I was 6 years old

Last edited by heckflosse; 04-09-2018 at 03:49 PM.