Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-06-2018, 01:02 AM   #1

Adobe Camera Raw

I tryed to searc from forum but didn't find answer.

Whenever I look adorama videos about editing I see that adobe raw has so much more features than I have in mine. Is it because DNG don't support those or something else.

For example I don't see any of those localized editing options (Gradient etc).

---------- Post added 04-06-2018 at 11:13 AM ----------

In topic - you ask and you answer :P

I just found out that PSE has reduced version of Adobe raw. Lightoom or full photoshop adds those extra tabs that I see in videos.

04-06-2018, 01:23 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I own ACR as part of Photoshop Elements 8 and Adobe Bridge CS4 on Mac. ACR of the PSE package is much more restricted. So I guess it depends on the package. With Photoshop you get all ACR functions available. It has nothing to do with DNG. The native Pentax DNG format is supported greatly in the Adobe Bridge CS4 / ACR version.

My old ACR versions both work with the newer Pentax camera DNG files. Whereas they don't support the newer PEF files.
04-06-2018, 01:29 AM - 1 Like   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yup, Elements is much more stripped down compared to the standard version of PS or LR.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-06-2018, 08:14 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wonder if some had noticed: ACR has just been updated and dehaze filter and conversion to B&W have moved to the first panel. Took me a while to find them. A much more logical place imo ...

04-06-2018, 02:24 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BarryE Quote
Wonder if some had noticed: ACR has just been updated and dehaze filter and conversion to B&W have moved to the first panel. Took me a while to find them. A much more logical place imo ...
Adobe also added new conversion profiles besides Adobe Standard. they now have 6 or 7 of them.. they are also available in the Basic panel along with the camera specific profiles.