Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-07-2008, 05:05 PM   #1

PP Laboratory Not Responding ?

Hi

I've recently got a K20D, my first DSLR, and love the camera.

During the learning process I've shot in both JPEG and RAW. When I try to do any post processing of PEF files in Photo Laboratory, I find the program hangs, freezes and often does not respond, particularly when using the 'Enlarge Area' tool.

I have downloaded the latest update, Version 3.51, from the Pentax website but does not seem to make a lot of difference. I contacted Silkypix and they basically said that Pentax was offering a trimmed version of their software and offered me their update for $129.
I'm running a 2.4ghz processor and 2Gb Ram, and a reasonable Video card with another 512Mb of onboard ram so I don't think it is a problem with my set-up.

Perhaps the problem lies in the fact that I'm using Vista Home Premium. I know that a lot of programs are not 'Vista friendly'.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

trublubiker

09-07-2008, 05:45 PM   #2
Veteran Member

the program is just really slow w/ zooming in
to speed it up a bit, go to the options and there's an option NOT to automatically refresh
then reduce the size of the enlarge preview

i'm not sure why it's so slow to preview, silkypix is really fast :S
09-08-2008, 02:07 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
HI there,
I had the same problem using XP and with dual core processors and 1g ram.
I downloaded v3.51 and it seems to have solved the problem (at least for the time being)
Cliff