Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-25-2018, 05:42 AM   #1
Veteran Member

I need some tutoring!

Never mind. Bad idea.

Last edited by Dewman; 05-25-2018 at 06:25 AM.
05-25-2018, 06:03 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Are you saying the hundreds of articles and tutorials about the use of Lightroom, already available, are all too difficult to understand?
05-25-2018, 06:24 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Do what I did, get on ebay and pick up one of the standard texts s/h on using lightroom for a couple of $$. I've got both the one by Martin Evening and the one by scott Kelby. Both my editions pertain to LR3 but the principles and layout of LR haven't changed much. I suspect that like me, being a bit older, you'll be more comfortable browsing one of these and then going to the PC.
In a nutshell:
1. import your RAW pics. (LR is a cataloging as well as an editing suite) left panel is the nav and management.

2. Edit using the controls in the right panel.
3. export as jpg
05-25-2018, 06:28 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by marcusBMG Quote
Do what I did, get on ebay and pick up one of the standard texts on using lightroom for a couple of $$. I've got both the one by Martin Evening and the one by scott Kelby. Both my editions pertain to LR3 but the principles and layout of LR haven't changed much. I suspect that like me, being a bit older, you'll be more comfortable browsing one of these and then going to the PC.
In a nutshell:
1. import your RAW pics. (LR is a cataloging as well as an editing suite) left panel is the nav and management.

2. Edit using the controls in the right panel.
3. export as jpg

Thanks, Marcus. THIS was the help I was hoping for..... and to NOT be shuffled off to Buffalo! I'll order the texts post haste!

05-25-2018, 06:29 AM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The hundreds of articles and tutorials about the use of Lightroom, already available, can't all be too difficult to understand? Check out The Lightroom Queen, one of the best, IMHO

The Lightroom Queen - Tips, Tutorials & Troubleshooting for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom
05-25-2018, 07:10 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
@Dewman if you have specific questions feel free to PM me. We could set up a phone call some evening if that would help. My version is much newer than yours now but I used v6 for several years and most of the menus are still the same.