Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-27-2018, 12:48 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Canon Pixma 100 Error Code B200

All the talk lately about this printer prompted me to set it up again. I have not used it for several years. I have the manual around some place but I cannot find it right now. Is anyone familiar with error code B200? It seems to have something to do with some kind of blockage in the printer. It was covered up so it is unlikely that anything got inside. I imagine after this long it will need new ink but I do not want to make that investment until I get it working again. Anybody familiar with this. I did some google searches but nothing useful came up. Oh, the error code shows up in the printer app.

06-27-2018, 01:19 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I can't remember which error code I got, but mine tends to be really picky sometimes and has even told me that maintenance was needed, before a reboot (or two) solved the issue entirely. Have you tried that?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-27-2018, 01:28 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
thanks, Adam. I did reboot without luck but I will let it sit and try again. I looked at the online manual which says it needs service. If that is true I will just have to wait until the next time they run that crazy special. I will putz around with it n the meantime and read the rest of the manual - fancy that!
06-27-2018, 01:47 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would suggest doing a google search on the title of your post. You will get many results.

I believe the last time my Pro-100 gave a “needs maintenance error” (after not using it for months) I simply needed to replace an ink cartridge or two. Since you’re planning on staying with the same printer model, why not invest in the ink now? Just replace the ones that are visibly, physically empty on the reservoir side, and if that doesn’t work then also replace the ones that are really, really low.

My printer now prints nice, hassle free photos again.

06-27-2018, 01:53 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Here is a possible solution
Workaround for B200 Error on Canon printers - Computer Peripherals
06-27-2018, 02:09 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The printer goes through a process of cleaning the print head each time the printer is turned on. I got a maintenance error once and it was because it had sat idle for a while. I replaced the cartridges that needed replacing and one that was very low. Turned the printer off and then back on and let it cycle through it's cleaning and alignment process and it has worked fine ever since.
06-27-2018, 07:32 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks for the suggestions I will try each until something works.

06-28-2018, 10:43 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Easy Fix

Good news! I spent some more time with the printer and noticed that the head did not move to center when I opened the lid. It did not move at all. So I turned it off, waited a few seconds and then reached in until I could feel the cartridge carrier. I gently pushed and pulled on it but there was no movement. Closed the lid, turned on the printer and it came to life. I printed a text document, a photo and the test page without problems. The all printed cleanly although I only had plain paper to test with. I will put photo paper in later to get a better test but the one photo I printed seemed to do fine on the plain paper. The printer utility says I still have full cartridges so there is no rush on that score. I expected the nozzles to be all clogged up but so far they seem to be fine. Thanks again for all the suggestions.