Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-16-2008, 01:27 PM   #16
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by FHPhotographer Quote

Second, you're getting a little outside the stated parameters of the post: this was an examination of what Exef offers and how it works, I wasn't asking for a photo critique... or I would have posted it in that forum. Lighten up a little,
FHPhotog
Just a point here worth mentioning. This forum will naturally get comments and critiques about the pictures posted.

As you said, this is a post about what a piece of software offers and how it works. Maybe you should be posting it in the software and post processing forum. That would seem more appropriate. Then there will be no need for you to suggest to people that they
"Lighten up a little" because they are commenting on a picture posted in the post your photos forum rather than the software used to post process the picture.

You can ask a Mod to move this thread.

09-16-2008, 02:39 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
OP response re: change forum?

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Just a point here worth mentioning. This forum will naturally get comments and critiques about the pictures posted.

As you said, this is a post about what a piece of software offers and how it works. Maybe you should be posting it in the software and post processing forum. That would seem more appropriate. Then there will be no need for you to suggest to people that they
"Lighten up a little" because they are commenting on a picture posted in the post your photos forum rather than the software used to post process the picture.

You can ask a Mod to move this thread.
I'm pretty sure creampuff can defend him/herself , but since you're risen to the task you get my response...
Make a stretch here and put it in another context: someone buys a new hat and asks me how it fits and I say tell it doesn't matter because the face spoils it, so why bother? My response may be honest, factual, even accurate, but it's off topic. And so creampuff's response remains inappropriate, and so your defense of that response, and suggestion that the the OP be reposted in another forum, is incorrect,
FHPhotog
09-16-2008, 02:55 PM   #18
Veteran Member

You are truely a master. Stunning creativity and sophisticated toning.
09-16-2008, 04:32 PM   #19
Damn Brit

I'm pretty sure creampuff can defend him/herself , but since you're risen to the task you get my response...
Make a stretch here and put it in another context: someone buys a new hat and asks me how it fits and I say tell it doesn't matter because the face spoils it, so why bother? My response may be honest, factual, even accurate, but it's off topic. And so creampuff's response remains inappropriate, and so your defense of that response, and suggestion that the the OP be reposted in another forum, is incorrect,
FHPhotog
Please don't get defensive. I was only contributing to the thread and don't believe I was defending Creampuff, no need as you said. I'm definitely not trying to start a war here.
Please tell me, is this this thread about the software, or the picture? Because if it is about the picture, then it is common for people to comment whether asked to or not.
If it is about the software, then I stand by my opinion that it should be in the Software and PP forum.

Let's not talk about hats, I have given you my reasons for thinking that your thread should be in the other forum, I'd just like to understand why you think it should be where it is.

Whatever the Forum, I like the images you have produced and find the process interesting.

Last edited by Damn Brit; 09-16-2008 at 04:38 PM.
09-16-2008, 05:25 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
FHPhotographer, you've opted to post on your photos on an open forum.
Anyone who is a registered member of Pentaxforums.com has the perogative to post their comments on any open thread. Now I tell it like I see it and I think the comments I made are valid.

I've always considered the Photo Galleries be a place to showcase our best images. Unfortunately I think the images on this thread could be better. What's the point of of showing the effect of a filter when there is no basis to compare? One could go to the software's website to find out more about the filter's effect.

Please don't tell people what they can or cannot post or whether it is appropriate or not, I leave that to the mods to decide. If you can't agree with some comments, well... either learn to live with it or don't post if you can't take criticism. Yeah and no need to put your response in bold.
09-16-2008, 05:37 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Stunning filter effect.
09-16-2008, 05:53 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
FHPhotographer, you've opted to post on your photos on an open forum.
Anyone who is a registered member of Pentaxforums.com has the perogative to post their comments on any open thread. Now I tell it like I see it and I think the comments I made are valid.

I've always considered the Photo Galleries be a place to showcase our best images. Unfortunately I think the images on this thread could be better. What's the point of of showing the effect of a filter when there is no basis to compare? One could go to the software's website to find out more about the filter's effect.

Please don't tell people what they can or cannot post or whether it is appropriate or not, I leave that to the mods to decide. If you can't agree with some comments, well... either learn to live with it or don't post if you can't take criticism. Yeah and no need to put your response in bold.
Creampuff: I try to remember and put my responses are in bold when there are two or more posts cited, just keeps things neater. And Gary may well be correct that this could be posted in a different forum; I defer to the moderators as to its best site.

You seem determined to make the picture, not the process, the issue, and that is probably my at least partially my fault for posting incorrectlyand putting the question in harm's way. However, you seem imbued with the notion that your judgement is correct and simply can't set that aside to make a reasoned judgment. And that makes you both wrong, and wrong headed

As for your assertion that you "tell if like you see it," that's the argument of a child who defends all behavior, both considered and not, as the legitimate product of candor beyond reason. Ah well, so it goes,
FHPhotog

09-16-2008, 06:38 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Creampuff: I try to remember and put my responses are in bold when there are two or more posts cited, just keeps things neater.
As you have mentioned that you are a experienced PR professional (from another thread), you ought to know the significance of putting your posts in bold. If you don't know, perhaps you ought to read up on net etiquette.

You seem determined to make the picture, not the process, the issue, and that is probably my at least partially my fault for posting incorrectly and putting the question in harm's way. However, you seem imbued with the notion that your judgement is correct and simply can't set that aside to make a reasoned judgment. And that makes you both wrong, and wrong headed

As for your assertion that you "tell if like you see it," that's the argument of a child who defends all behavior, both considered and not, as the legitimate product of candor beyond reason. Ah well, so it goes,
FHPhotog
Well I didn't think the process used was at all impressive. If you insist that my judgement is so off the mark and that I am unable to make a reasoned assessment, that's perhaps a blindspot on your part, the inability to take constructive criticism.

Your personal attack of calling me "wrong, and wrong headed" and assertion that "the argument of a child who defends all behavior, both considered and not" simply reflects badly on yourself. Have a good day.
09-16-2008, 06:43 PM   #24
Damn Brit

Just for your info Fh, the Mods only tend to move threads that are blatantly out of place. Like a question in the Knowledge base for example or a lens thread in the DSLR forum.

A thread like this, you usually have to ask for it to be moved if you want.

I know we've been debating this and I didn't really enter this into the discussion fully enough. People obviously go to the PP and Software forum to talk about PP and SW. That was pretty much why I brought it up though, if you post it there, the discussion will be purely about the software and maybe a debate about whether it can be done in PS or whatever. At least it won't be clouded by comments about the picture, quality, composition etc.
09-16-2008, 06:45 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Back at ya...

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote

Well I didn't think the process used was at all impressive. .
Gee, thanks... and that's all I wanted, a considered opinion of the process. Don't you feel better now? I know I do.
FHPhotog
09-16-2008, 06:48 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Original Poster
How do you change the forum?

Please don't get defensive. I was only contributing to the thread and don't believe I was defending Creampuff, no need as you said. I'm definitely not trying to start a war here.
Please tell me, is this this thread about the software, or the picture? Because if it is about the picture, then it is common for people to comment whether asked to or not.
If it is about the software, then I stand by my opinion that it should be in the Software and PP forum.

Let's not talk about hats, I have given you my reasons for thinking that your thread should be in the other forum, I'd just like to understand why you think it should be where it is.

Whatever the Forum, I like the images you have produced and find the process interesting.
After careful consideration I think you are right; I misposted and perhaps it caused way more tumult than was needed...if for no other reason that it distorted the discussion I hoped for on the process. Thanks, I may be over-reactive at times, but hey, when I'm wrong, I'm wrong.
So, how do we change this thread's location?
FHPhotog
09-16-2008, 06:51 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the input...

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Stunning filter effect.
Thanks for the kind words. I've since acquired a PS actions script that looks like it can get to within 95% of Efex. What it lacks is the filter-based zone tool that I used at the center of the rose. So far I haven't been able to duplicate that process.
FHPhotographer
09-16-2008, 06:56 PM   #28
Damn Brit

After careful consideration I think you are right; I misposted and perhaps it caused way more tumult than was needed...if for no other reason that it distorted the discussion I hoped for on the process. Thanks, I may be over-reactive at times, but hey, when I'm wrong, I'm wrong.
So, how do we change this thread's location?
FHPhotog
You can either add a post in this thread and wait for a Mod to move it.
You can PM a Mod, if you look at the bottom of the home page to see who is signed in (the Mods are the highlighted ones if you haven't worked it out yet)
Or I suppose you could even post a thread in the Comments Suggestions and Questions forum (but I think that would be a bit to OTT unless it was urgent in some way).
09-16-2008, 07:02 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Gotcha

You can either add a post in this thread and wait for a Mod to move it.
You can PM a Mod, if you look at the bottom of the home page to see who is signed in (the Mods are the highlighted ones if you haven't worked it out yet)
Or I suppose you could even post a thread in the Comments Suggestions and Questions forum (but I think that would be a bit to OTT unless it was urgent in some way).
PM sent to move it, thanks,
FHP