Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
5 Days Ago   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
ON1 RAW 2018.5 (new version) for discounted price of $79.99

I didn't see this mentioned anywhere and apologies if this is a repeat of information - but wanted everyone to know that a new version of ON1 is available for $79.99. I tried out an earlier version of ON1 and really liked it. I'm not a fan of Lightroom and their subscription model. $80 seems like a good deal for my needs.

ON1 – Photo Editing Apps Designed by Photographers

4 Days Ago   #2
Forum Member

I too have used Prior versions of ON1 and concur that it is a good product. I wish the could but the Aperture 3 code from Apple so they could make for an easy transition...
4 Days Ago   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DavidDwight Quote
I too have used Prior versions of ON1 and concur that it is a good product. I wish the could but the Aperture 3 code from Apple so they could make for an easy transition...
I don't know about Aperture 3 but I didn't have any difficulties with ON1 earlier on my Mac shooting DNG raw. Sounds like I need to do some research.
4 Days Ago   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I enjoy ON1 2018.5. It is improving with each new version. ON1 has a lot of tutorials and hel[p videos. Human support is quick to respond. Be sure to check the computer requirements (on their web page), You would not have a good experience with and older computer.

4 Days Ago   #5

I have been playing with ON1 2018 for the last couple of weeks and am pretty impressed. I never used LR only Photoshop CS5 and I must say it is heaps easier to use the that version of PS. There are heaps of Youtube tutorials which are really helpful. I would recommend Anthony Morganti and Steven Dempsey videos.) There is also a discount code on Anthony Morganti's youtube videos that get another decent discount (that what made me take the plunge)

I has already committed to Luminar, but I found it slow on my PC and after the jupiter update, there were openGL issues that made the software crash as soon as you loaded a raw file. ON1 had a similar openGL issue with their 2018.5 release but they managed to fix it and issue a patch within a few days. To clarify, my PC is a 7 year old Compaq running Win 7 so that was probably most of the problem.

I will be interested to see if Skylum have fixed their problems with the latest release.