Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
07-26-2018, 01:08 PM   #16

Original Poster
Thank youso much for the help and photos. I am still on holiday at the moment so will try some programmes later thou I am happy with the ones posted above. It was my own stupid fault and I will be more careful in the future. If it was not raining so bad and I had taken my time I probably would have checked the settings first

07-26-2018, 03:08 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
Yes, I can recover a very poor quality picture with Lightroom (or just about anything; PDCU that came with your camera should do the job). Unfortunately they are jpegs. If you had shot raw, you'd do much better.

This is the third of your photos; it was shot at f/18 and iso 100! Not the thing for a bleak Yorkshire day.
Gimp is free from gimp.org, which is a really good price. I've used it to "rescue" several photos that were badly underexposed.
07-26-2018, 07:09 PM   #18

You may also want to look into denoising software since they are getting really good these days. It can remove some of the excessive noise in this kind of photo.
08-05-2018, 04:30 AM   #19

Original Poster
I have tried to download the pentax digital camera utility version 4 but it will not let me as it says i don't have the original in my laptop - how do I get this please. Did it come with the disc i got with my K30 (in which case I will have to look for it and install it) or is it another download. Thank you

08-05-2018, 06:25 AM - 1 Like   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by GillyH Quote
I have tried to download the pentax digital camera utility version 4 but it will not let me as it says i don't have the original in my laptop - how do I get this please. Did it come with the disc i got with my K30 (in which case I will have to look for it and install it) or is it another download. Thank you
It's on the disc. It's as good a place as any to start.
08-05-2018, 06:49 AM   #21

Original Poster
Thank you
08-05-2018, 07:12 AM - 1 Like   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Once you have it installed you will always be able to download the new version.

08-05-2018, 10:08 PM - 1 Like   #23
Forum Member

Or you could install the last version of DCU directly without the original CD - by making a silent Installation - in Windos:

1. Mount the iso-file by the free software WinCDEmu mounter or a similar program. (Or you could burn the iso-file to a CD).
2. Don't use Autorun but by Explorer navigate to the BIN folder inside the iso-file (or CD)
3. Type in "cmd" in the address bar (+enter) or Shift+right click the BIN folder and select "Open Command Prompt here"...
4. Run either the 32 or 64 version of the installation in silent mode by this command:
>setupXX.exe /s
(Replace XX with the correct number and press ENTER.)

And you will make a default installation of DCU5 - without a correct named thumb drive or the original CD.

Last edited by Dabola; 08-06-2018 at 04:14 AM.