Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-23-2018, 01:49 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sequator users - has anyone saw this kind of pattern formed after stacking?

Curious if maybe I'm missing some sort of option to fix it? I noticed it in few of my stacked images, especially in this one.
Has anyone else noticed this, or knows how to fix it? Dunno if it's clearly visible, it looks like a "net" pattern, clearly caused by stacking because it's not there in the single raw file.

Thanks!

Attached Images

07-24-2018, 07:27 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
This type of pattern can happen with resampling of images that have granular/speckled details with a subsequent adjustment of the tone curves. In some parts of the image, the pixels in the stack are nicely aligned and the details stay bright and sharp. In other parts of the image, the pixels in the stack are offset, get resampled, and are smoothed and dimmed.

You might try stacking a subset of the images to see if that helps or do any tone curve adjusts BEFORE stacking.
07-24-2018, 07:43 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
This type of pattern can happen with resampling of images that have granular/speckled details with a subsequent adjustment of the tone curves. In some parts of the image, the pixels in the stack are nicely aligned and the details stay bright and sharp. In other parts of the image, the pixels in the stack are offset, get resampled, and are smoothed and dimmed.

You might try stacking a subset of the images to see if that helps or do any tone curve adjusts BEFORE stacking.
So I need to process the images before stacking them to avoid this pattern?