Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-16-2008, 09:35 AM   #1
Veteran Member
LaRee's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,226
Reality Bites...Check this out!

We have some members in the San Diego DSLR group that are very talented. Rick Kligman made a couple slide shows. I throughly enjoyed this slide show and I thought you might too.
Photodex Corporation - Online Content Sharing - View Content

Check out the tutorial slide show he made as a companion to his original slide show. EXCELLENT stuff, imho.
Photodex Corporation - Online Content Sharing - View Content

Windoz users only, presentation will not work on a Mac. Just an FYI.
I also use the Proshow program he used to produce his slide shows. If you are interested in a slide show program, I can HIGHLY recommend this one.

09-18-2008, 07:59 PM   #2
Veteran Member
LaRee's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,226
Original Poster
Gee over 50 people have opened this thread. Surely someone has clicked on the links. But no comment from anyone?
09-18-2008, 08:09 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 37,937
QuoteOriginally posted by LaRee Quote
Gee over 50 people have opened this thread. Surely someone has clicked on the links. But no comment from anyone?
I clicked on the link, but am not real anxious to be installing another special "viewer" on my PC.

Steve
09-18-2008, 09:46 PM   #4
Veteran Member
LaRee's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,226
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I clicked on the link, but am not real anxious to be installing another special "viewer" on my PC.

Steve
Well that explains a lot. I don't blame you as I don't like having to download a viewer either. I didn't realize that you had to do that. I use Proshow Producer and that is why when I viewed it, it popped right up on my screen.

09-24-2008, 05:25 PM   #5
Veteran Member
sawtooth235's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Orange Park, Florida
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 881
LaRee,

That was really cool.

Love the music.

The tutorial was very interesting too.

Do you know which software he uses? Is it Photoshop or something else?

Ray
09-24-2008, 05:50 PM   #6
Inactive Account




Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Niagara, Wisconsin U.S. of Ay.
Posts: 394
A man I know who grew up in my hometown has put together many slideshows that show the history of our town. He really brings back the old day rather well.

As far as downloading the player, don't worry. It does not conflict with anything.

In case you want to see the old Niagara, Wisconsin, click on this link. They take a while to load.

Photodex Corporation - Online Content Sharing
09-24-2008, 09:51 PM   #7
Veteran Member
LaRee's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,226
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sawtooth235 Quote
LaRee,

That was really cool.

Love the music.

The tutorial was very interesting too.

Do you know which software he uses? Is it Photoshop or something else?

Ray
Well for the slide show presentation he used Proshow. He edits in Photoshop with Fractulous plug-in. But I have the Fractulous plug-in for Paint Shop Pro Photo x2 and it works well. He also uses LucisArt which does not run on PSPX2 to my knowledge. Thanks for taking a look and posting!
09-24-2008, 10:16 PM   #8
Veteran Member
LaRee's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,226
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by magnum1 Quote
A man I know who grew up in my hometown has put together many slideshows that show the history of our town. He really brings back the old day rather well.

As far as downloading the player, don't worry. It does not conflict with anything.

In case you want to see the old Niagara, Wisconsin, click on this link. They take a while to load.

Photodex Corporation - Online Content Sharing
That was a fun browse. You may think I'm a little nuts but my favorite was "Agnus", it was a nice tribute. I liked seeing the old photos of Niagara Wisconsin too.

09-25-2008, 01:01 PM   #9
Inactive Account




Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Boise, Idaho
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,413
I would love to see, but I am a Mac. If someone has a program that will convert/export it to something universal that would be cool.
09-25-2008, 11:04 PM   #10
Veteran Member
LaRee's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,226
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by davemdsn Quote
I would love to see, but I am a Mac. If someone has a program that will convert/export it to something universal that would be cool.
Unfortunately I don't know of any viewer that is not window based that can play Proshow slide shows. I am really surprised the company hasn't fixed that problem yet. Find a friend with a pc to watch. lol just kidding!
09-26-2008, 12:59 PM   #11
Inactive Account




Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Boise, Idaho
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,413
lol, my wife still have a PC so I'll try to watch it there.
09-26-2008, 01:25 PM   #12
Veteran Member
vievetrick's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Easthampton - Massachusetts - USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,183
Laree I will check it out tonight. I am a Proshow user and PSPX2 user as well. I am always interested when I hear other folks using the same thing I use. But I have been thinking of getting a MAC at the end of the year and sad to hear that Proshow won't work on it
09-27-2008, 08:41 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
daacon's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Alberta,Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20,915
LaRee - I use ProShow Producer - I have been creating slide shows for years , trying numerous software (back in the days when all was available was a computer slide show exe). Photodex software is the best I have used - not cheap - and there is a learning curve - however with time and effort it can produce some outstanding results. (I did my Mother In Law's 65 Birthday tribute that went over very well - current shots and scanned shots from her younger years).
09-29-2008, 07:04 AM   #14
Veteran Member
LaRee's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,226
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
LaRee - I use ProShow Producer - I have been creating slide shows for years , trying numerous software (back in the days when all was available was a computer slide show exe). Photodex software is the best I have used - not cheap - and there is a learning curve - however with time and effort it can produce some outstanding results. (I did my Mother In Law's 65 Birthday tribute that went over very well - current shots and scanned shots from her younger years).
I have also made many slide shows over the years using ProShow. I upgraded a few months ago to Producer. Wow there is really a lot to learn with that upgrade! Still easy to make a simple show, but there is really a lot to the program to customize. I need to make a slide show for my son's wedding photos and I am completely intimidated. Silly really since I've made quite a few slide shows before and all have been well received. I just really want the wedding show to be extra special.
09-29-2008, 07:05 AM   #15
Veteran Member
LaRee's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,226
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
Laree I will check it out tonight. I am a Proshow user and PSPX2 user as well. I am always interested when I hear other folks using the same thing I use. But I have been thinking of getting a MAC at the end of the year and sad to hear that Proshow won't work on it
Ack! No Proshow? That would be a deal breaker for me!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
content, corporation, photography, photoshop, program, slide, view
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Misc Reality Bites daacon Post Your Photos! 9 03-05-2010 03:16 PM
Pentax is playing with us? -- reality check, please close-enough Pentax News and Rumors 19 04-26-2009 05:07 PM
Another one bites the dust... solaris Welcomes and Introductions 1 07-20-2008 06:45 PM
Megapixel Reality Check! chrisman General Talk 0 03-15-2007 05:58 PM
Megapixel Reality Check! chrisman Photographic Technique 7 03-13-2007 08:30 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:24 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top