Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-18-2008, 02:26 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Pentax Software Issues

Hey guys,

I have a K10D and I recently purchased an iMac. It's updated with the latest OS X updates and all that stuff.

I thought I would try the software that came on the disc with my K10D to see if I like it, but the installer doesn't seem to work. I put the disc in and the computer recognizes there is a disc, I get the icon on my desktop for the Pentax software, I click it, it opens the contents on the disc, and the only thing on the disc is an item called Pentax Installer. I double click that and it opens a blank window, like the installer can't load properly or something.

I tried to get the software from Pentax's website but they only have the updates on there. Anyone have any tips or a similar experience, and is there anything I can do or am I stuck not being able to try the Pentax software?

Thanks in advance for any help.

09-18-2008, 03:07 PM   #2
Forum Member

I had the same problem. I'm trying to remember the exact solution but it escapes me. It goes something like this. First click on the install package and then do a ctrl/click and then click Show package contents. From there, if I remember correctly you have to find the Mac install folder. From there my memory gets a bit fuzzy but you should be able to figure it out.
09-18-2008, 11:13 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks, I figured it out. Apparently the Master Installer has trouble with Macs so you need to go into the resources file and find the Photo Browser and Photo Lab installer itself.