Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-18-2008, 09:27 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Resizing software suggestion

I need to resize a couple of hundred photos in two formats 300x300 for the main photo and 100x100 for a thumbnail. I also need to rename them all for bulk loading on to a e-commerce website.
Any suggestions of a good program, free or buy, that will do the job.

Thanks

Eddie

09-19-2008, 09:38 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
If you are using PC, and more specifically XP, The Microsoft Image Resizer does a pretty good job for batch resizing at optimal file size...

If you are using Vista, as I am (Vista64 rocks), and/or you just need to resize where file size is not an issue, or you want to experiment with different combinations of image quality and file size, then VSO Image Resizer does a good job... (It's free but does have a nag screen, or you can pay to un-nagify)

I prefer both of the above options because you get the handy dandy right-click context menu option for resizing selected images...

For file renaming, I prefer Flash Renamer, which is easy to use, and again has one of my favorite features, the right-click context menu option...

If you are using XP or below, then I have a copy of an older freeware version of the above Flash Renamer that I can pass to you if interested. If you are using Vista, this version won't fly and they only have a payware version now.. But it's still my favorite and I have tried quite a few..