Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
09-10-2018, 10:38 AM - 2 Likes   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Photoshop script to display K1 image focus points

Last week I posted a Photoshop script to display the focus points in a K3 image. I was asked if it would work for a K1 image. Sadly 'No'

I thought I'd have a go at making it work, so I grabbed some sample K1 images off the web and used 'exiftool' to see what was stored. I found that the K1 can have multiple in focus points, and it returns the data as a character string which is different than for the K3.

I've tweaked my code to deal with this and offer it up here for your delight and amazement !! I offer no warrant or guarantees but hopefully it'll work for you.

Please find attached a zip file containing three files.

1) K1AFP.gif - A transparent GIF representing the AF points
2) K1AFP.jsx - A javascript to read the EXIF data and overlay the in focus points on the GIF, and load it as a new layer in your image
3) K1EXIF.jsx - A javascript which writes basic EXIF data to a new layer in your image.

You will need to get the latest version of 'exiftool', create a temp folder, and edit the scripts accordingly. To run it open a K1 image file in Photoshop, go "File/Scripts/Browse", navigate to where you stored the script, and double click. After a while a new layer called 'FocusPoints' should have been created containing a representation of all the focus points as red '+'s and the in focus point(s) as a green '[]'.

I've tried it on several images and it seems to work. I don't have a K1 so if someone would like to donate one to me I'd be happy to work on it further.....

I hope some of you will find it useful.

Fred.

Attached Files
File Type: zip K1AFP.zip (254.5 KB, 28 views)
09-10-2018, 12:19 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I'm not a programmer, alas, nor do I have Photoshop.

Is there a way to get this script to work within Lightroom? Or perhaps as a Photoshop plug-in that other image editors can use?
09-11-2018, 10:13 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
I'm not a programmer, alas, nor do I have Photoshop.

Is there a way to get this script to work within Lightroom? Or perhaps as a Photoshop plug-in that other image editors can use?
Sorry, I have no idea. I know nothing about scripting in Lightroom, and very little about scripting in Photoshop

If you're on a Mac this comment from my 'K3' thread might be of use:

"For Mac users, you may want to look at Mac EXIF Viewer from Softmatic <link here>
It recreates a viewfinder-like window on your Mac which displays a lot of info about your image, including the focus point."