Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
11-21-2018, 03:34 PM   #61
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
I want to point out that the size I gave to start with was given to me, in my PYP upload. When I asked here, it was for you all to give me the size that it would look the best for that shot. But, I'll still say I don't like the skinnier one. If you can come up with a wider one, I'll take it into consideration.
Sorry - what is PYP? I can't recall the ratio actually.

11-21-2018, 03:41 PM   #62
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
Post Your Photos forum.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/12-post-your-photos/378606-nature-adult-...-poses-me.html
11-21-2018, 04:02 PM   #63
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
And it's not straight out of the camera, it's a pp'd Jpeg, I shoot RAW. I processed how I wanted it to look, uploaded it to flickr and posted it in the Post Your Photos forum.
11-21-2018, 04:32 PM - 1 Like   #64
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rjbrett Quote
I've just sent my first (free) test order off here to printers in Brisbane, and they give out a sample pack of small prints on different surfaces, and a "Shirley" (printed, with jpeg available online) so you can calibrate you monitor. They will also color correct as they are printing if you ask them to. I went in to collect the sample pack, and talk with them about what I need to do, but they would have been just as happy to do this over the phone and by mail. They also have a lot of information on how to get good prints on their website....
If that's Brilliant Prints, Richard, I got a couple from them and they live up to their name.

11-21-2018, 04:35 PM   #65
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
Well, fellers, I don't live in Australia, so I won't be having mine printed there. Let's keep this printing strictly in the USA please, unless you'll want to pay my air fare to get there.
11-21-2018, 08:51 PM   #66
Pentaxian

I took the liberty to play with it and make it 16x20. Just a small preview version here for various reasons. If you like it, let me know where you would want it uploaded. I'll eventually probably delete it here.
11-21-2018, 11:15 PM   #67
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Breakfastographer Quote
If you like it, let me know where you would want it uploaded. I'll eventually probably delete it here.
I like it but I'm not sure what you mean here. Where I want it uploaded is where I'll upload it, not you. And I don't care that it stays in this thread. If that's what you meant?

But each time any of you upload it, it seems to get darker.

11-22-2018, 12:18 AM - 1 Like   #68
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Well, fellers, I don't live in Australia, so I won't be having mine printed there. Let's keep this printing strictly in the USA please, unless you'll want to pay my air fare to get there.
We'll pass the hat around. ;-)

Sorry for the digression.
11-22-2018, 12:29 AM - 1 Like   #69
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
We'll pass the hat around. ;-)
I could go with that. I have a few Ozzie friends I'd like to meet in person, one who said his house was my house if I ever came to Australia. In fact, moderator PJV's wife has named me an honorary Ozzie.
11-23-2018, 04:50 AM   #70
Pentaxian

I like it but I'm not sure what you mean here. Where I want it uploaded is where I'll upload it, not you. And I don't care that it stays in this thread. If that's what you meant?

But each time any of you upload it, it seems to get darker.
I don't know why that would be - I just viewed them side by side in my browser, and they're the same. Sometimes images look different when I view them in the file manager and browser - something about the way the colour profiles are managed, I think.

Last edited by Breakfastographer; 11-23-2018 at 05:23 AM.
11-23-2018, 05:19 AM   #71
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Original Poster
I guess it depends on your browser and your computer and/or your monitor. I'm using FireFox on a HP IPS calibrated monitor with Windows 8.1 onboard video laptop.