Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
11-29-2018, 05:10 AM - 2 Likes   #1

Capture One 12.0

Capture One 12.0 is officially announced.

[video]https://youtu.be/RvfJxcxUfFo[/video]

New Features

New interface
New Menu system
New Keyboard Shortcut Manager
Luma Range Masking
Linear Gradient Mask tool
Radial Gradient Mask tool
Plug-ins - Export and publish
User experience changes
Extended AppleScript support
Fujifilm Film Simulations
Camera support

Fujifilm
Fujifilm GFX 50R
Nikon

Nikon Z7
Nikon Z6
Canon

Canon EOS R
Canon EOS M50*

11-29-2018, 10:42 AM   #2

Original Poster
New User Guide for Capture One 12 and Capture Pilot
Capture One 12 Help
11-29-2018, 10:58 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I make the upgrade on 1st November, so, i think i qualify for the free upgrade.... i hope sooner than later recieve the mail with the news...
11-29-2018, 12:17 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by virusn3t Quote
I make the upgrade on 1st November, so, i think i qualify for the free upgrade.... i hope sooner than later recieve the mail with the news...
Write to the support team, this is not the first case of buying the previous version before the next one is released, usually in such cases they meet and either upgrade for free, or for a nominal fee.

12-02-2018, 02:39 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It is a pity there still isn't support for K-1 MKII, otherwise I would have upgraded in a heartbeat...
12-02-2018, 03:02 AM   #6
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I skipped the 11, so it was time to upgrade for me. New version feels good. Luminocity masking alone is worth the upgrade for me.
12-02-2018, 08:56 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

When you say it does not support the K-1ii do you mean at all or only for pixel shift etc? Can it load a K-1ii dng and edit it? Sorry if this seems obvious.

12-02-2018, 09:00 AM   #8
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
When you say it does not support the K-1ii do you mean at all or only for pixel shift etc? Can it load a K-1ii dng and edit it? Sorry if this seems obvious.
There is no camera profil for K1ii. Also no support for pixel shift.

It can load DNG made with K1ii and edit normally.
12-02-2018, 09:02 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by iheiramo Quote
There is no camera profil for K1ii. Also no support for pixel shift.

It can load DNG made with K1ii and edit normally.
Thanks! That is what I was hoping. So the automatic adjustments that a profile provides do not happen but the photo can be edited to taste. Hopefully they will at least add a profile for the K-1ii soon.
12-02-2018, 06:27 PM   #10
sbh
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
Thanks! That is what I was hoping. So the automatic adjustments that a profile provides do not happen but the photo can be edited to taste. Hopefully they will at least add a profile for the K-1ii soon.
Not sure about that. Usually they add a profile in a reasonable timeframe. Maybe they didn't get enough requests for supporting the K-1ii. The software manager at Phase one told me that they'll support it if there are enough requests for it. They don't support every camera and lens on the market by default but rather prioritise what people ask for.
12-03-2018, 01:06 AM   #11
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sbh Quote
They don't support every camera and lens on the market by default but rather prioritise what people ask for.
Did he say where he wants these requests? I have K1ii and C1 so would be happy to do my part.
12-03-2018, 06:53 AM   #12

Original Poster
Did he say where he wants these requests? I have K1ii and C1 so would be happy to do my part.
I thing you should send a request to Ph1 support team.
12-03-2018, 10:19 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Just add a request on their website:

Phase One

You will have to register.

U have done a request. I hope others follow suit because it would be great if the best RAW software would support the best camera...
12-03-2018, 11:03 AM   #14
Unoriginal Poster
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxke Quote
Just add a request on their website:
Thanks. There was in contact form Feedback / future development option, which sounded like a right choice for this. Probably would help if also other C1 users on the forum asked for support for K1ii.
12-03-2018, 11:12 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Thanks. There was in contact form Feedback / future development option, which sounded like a right choice for this. Probably would help if also other C1 users on the forum asked for support for K1ii.
Would love to see the Pentax community to step up and all ask for MkII support... Won't happen though. Just not enough C1 users (which I really don't get.)