Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
12-08-2018, 09:54 AM   #1
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Moving between Lightroom and Photoshop doesn't work!

Hello PF!

I must have changed a setting somewhere and have no clue what I might have done wrong.

When I open a .dng in Photoshop first - perfect, everything works just fine.
When I open a .dng in Lightroom first and Edit In>Edit In Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 - awful, nothing works.
Can't access anything useful as all options are grayed out. Nothing useful under Image, Layer, Type, Select, Filter, etc. it's mostly all grayed out.

Again, when I open that same image with Photoshop first - all the options are there.

It's either an issue with the File Handling in Photoshop or the External Editing/File Handling tab in the preferences but I've tried them all and nothing seems to get it right.
I've tried to Google my issue but everything that pops up doesn't describe my issue, and when attempting anyway, still doesn't fix it!

In Lightroom External Editing:
File Format: TIFF
Color Space: ProPhoto RGB
Bit Depth: 8 bit
Res: 240
Compression: none

Anyone have any ideas of something to try?
Thanks for any advice!

Attached Images

12-08-2018, 10:30 AM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I don't have anything to offer as a solution, but if it of any comfort I experience the same. I simply open a DNG file directly in Photoshop and it opens as it should in Adobe Camera Raw
12-08-2018, 01:40 PM - 1 Like   #3
Forum Member

I encountered the same issue. The workaround is to open Photoshop first instead of having it open from the "Edit In>Edit In Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 " command within Lightroom. After that all the filters, layers etc. will show up.

I am sure it'll get fixed in an update soon.
12-08-2018, 01:58 PM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

It has been reported and seems to be a bug that will hopefully be fixed soon. The temp workaround as mentioned above by RoadRunner

12-08-2018, 05:08 PM   #5
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks for the responses, at least I'm not the only one I guess.. so annoying!
12-08-2018, 10:09 PM   #6

Hmmm, I just opened a file as a PSD from Lightroom with no problems. Maybe they fixed it, or maybe it's TIFF related.