Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-16-2018, 12:00 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
210 Software Photo Editing Tools

I came across this list the other day. 210 Software Photo Editing tools, divided in to a number of categories.
  • Enhancers (10)
  • Cross-platform image editors (5)
  • Online photo editors (16)
  • Paid Desktop Photo Editors (26)
  • Free Desktop Photo Editors (14)
  • RAW Processors (21)
  • HDR photo editors (15)
  • Photo viewers and managers (17)
  • Face Editing Software (9)
  • Image Enlargers & Resizing Software (15) new
  • Photo Utilities, Plugins, Filters & Effects (62)
I upgraded to the K1 for AstroLandscapes - and now with the low light (actually no light) conditions of the landscape segment, I am getting the white dots. Camera One and RawTharapee each do a very good job of removing them. That's why this list was of interest to me. Still deciding on what to do, and what direction to go.

12-16-2018, 09:11 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The author does not define cross-platform.
12-19-2018, 04:37 AM   #3
Pentaxian

And if he'd stuck with his original numbering scheme, he would've realised there are only 148 items in his list (147 if you remove the duplicated Photoshop entry).
01-13-2019, 07:22 AM   #4

I'm looking for a decent software to use for stacking my astro and lunar shots. Anyone here have a suggestion for a MacBook Pro? I seem to be having a lot of problems finding one that will work...Hope I'm in the right thread here. Seems I burned my tail feathers in a recent post yesterday, hehe...New here...

Thank you in advance!

Rodney

01-14-2019, 02:48 PM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Beachbum Quote
I'm looking for a decent software to use for stacking my astro and lunar shots. Anyone here have a suggestion for a MacBook Pro? I seem to be having a lot of problems finding one that will work...Hope I'm in the right thread here. Seems I burned my tail feathers in a recent post yesterday, hehe...New here...

Thank you in advance!

Rodney
Here are some stackers for the Mac:Here are some additional resources that are Mac centric:
01-14-2019, 07:22 PM   #6

Cool! thank you very much.

You know I have an astro photography friend whom I met while living in Cebu City, Philippines for 6 years. He just told me to get a windows computer, and a Nikon D610 full frame camera, which I am in process of looking at now. I will revamp my goals. He knows his stuff, Christopher Go, who works for OPT. Been watching his planetary imaging video's on you tube. He actually recommended I buy what I have now, the Celestron 9.25 Schmidt Cassegrain OTA with Losmandy G11 Mount with Gemini2 GOTO system. I love it! Anyway, I getting there and learning as I go....

Thank for the input,

Rodney