Darktable 1845.00%
RawTherapee 1435.00%
Other 820.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version 13 Likes Search this Thread
02-12-2019, 04:58 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yeah, I never used LR for library management as I have used a software called iMatch since about 2003 maybe (a while). It had a keyword hierarchy before most software did (at least at a consumer level). I used LR for processing, mostly. I think I was though in a similar spot and reasoning to leaving. Actually, if they would have made more of an effort on keeping LR 6 going (at least in fixing bugs), I might have kept it and even splurged for subscription. But LR 6 was such a downgrade, performance-wise, from LR 5. Oh well.

The real point is there is a lot of great software for everyone, and what works well depends a lot on your workflow (and thought process). Most RAW processors are competing and have to get to a similar point otherwise they won't get users. It then just leaves the GUI and workflow (and perhaps catalog and other bells and whistles) to win a customer.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
darktable, photography, photoshop, pp, rawtherapee