Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-01-2019, 12:26 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by twilhelm Quote
What was it about the new desktop that had you switch to opensuse? My desktop is about a year old and I use it as dual boot because I have one piece of hardware that cannot be used other than on Windows.
The new PC is based on a Ryzen 2400G which I'm also using for its graphic capabilities. At the time I was planning and building the system, support for this on an ubuntu LTS release was a little spotty without adding a bunch of PPAs and/or other mucking around with the system that didn't really interest me. Turns out I probably would have been fine to stick with 18.04 as those were backported relatively quickly, so not really a compelling reason now. However, I'd wanted to try a rolling-release distro anyway, so no regrets on my part. I'm pretty happy with Tumbleweed; have had very few issues with it, and really appreciate the quicker update model; it strikes a nice balance between new tech without compromising stability.

--Steve

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
cinnamon, computer, desktop, linux, linux mint vs, mint, photography, photoshop, plasma, question