Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-03-2021, 03:54 PM   #241
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Hi Squirrel Mafia. I'm here to say thanks again. I've been using your dcp profiles in DXO and I love the colors because they are closer to Pentax color profiles. So now I have DeepPrime with Pentax colors!

05-03-2021, 05:30 PM   #242
Pentaxian

Original Poster
^ Alright! Sounds good!
05-04-2021, 06:15 AM   #243
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One thing I've noticed is that without any camera profile I'm getting oversaturated oranges and reds. This has always been something of an issue with prior cameras, but noticeable with the K-3 III. A work-around is to selectively, slightly desaturate those colors with uhh... I think it's the color toning tool (don't exactly remember, I'm away from my home computer). But hopefully the K-3 III profile will eventually address this.

I also need to look into how complex I can make my dynamic PP3 profiles. I want to set up a If K-3 IIII then... use these PP3s based on ISO, etc. If NOT K-3 III, use these others.
05-04-2021, 10:18 AM   #244
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ThorSanchez Quote
One thing I've noticed is that without any camera profile I'm getting oversaturated oranges and reds.
I never had this issue using the embedded profile from the DNG - is this an option in your software?

05-04-2021, 10:39 AM   #245
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JensE Quote
I never had this issue using the embedded profile from the DNG - is this an option in your software?
Yes, probably. I just haven't done much beyond the defaults in this area because up until now RawTherapee always auto-recognized the K-30 and K-3 II.
05-04-2021, 11:07 AM   #246
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ThorSanchez Quote
I just haven't done much beyond the defaults in this area because up until now RawTherapee always auto-recognized the K-30 and K-3 II.
OK, I lkely missed the Rawtherapee part further above. With the 'Camera Default' setting, RT will try it's own derived or stock from dcraw and fall back to the embedded DNG profile if none is available.
06-08-2021, 12:25 PM - 3 Likes   #247
Pentaxian

Original Poster
UPDATE!

I've uploaded some new PP3 files for Windows, Linux, & a new Windows 64bit build on my Google Drive.

There are some changes to noise reduction, some demosaicing changes, color changes, & things like that.

Have fun!
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2021-06-08 Linux - PP3 & DCP.zip (1.18 MB, 14 views)
File Type: zip 2021-06-08 Windows - PP3 & DCP.zip (1.19 MB, 18 views)
06-11-2021, 04:10 PM   #248
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So I need a little help. I got the K-3 Mark III DCP file from a new version of Adobe Camera DNG converter. This is going to seem a little basic for someone who's been using RT for years, but how the heck do I get RT to see it and automatically select it under Profiled Lens Correction? I've put it in home/user/programs/rawtherapee/dcpprofiles. But the K-3 Mark III never shows up in the camera dropdown.

What am I doing wrong here?

Edit: I may be confusing things. Is the camera selection under Profiled Lens Correction from LensFun, not the LCP file? That could be my problem... need new LensFun.

Edit again: I guess that won't help if LensFun doesn't have the K-3 Mark III.

Last edited by ThorSanchez; 06-11-2021 at 04:20 PM.
06-11-2021, 05:15 PM   #249
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Are you talking about the .dcp file for camera color or a .lcp file for lenses?
06-12-2021, 04:35 AM   #250
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
Are you talking about the .dcp file for camera color or a .lcp file for lenses?
Was talking .dcp. But the drop-downs under profiled lens correction for both camera and lens come from LensFun, correct? If I want to use the .dcp that's under color management.
06-12-2021, 07:50 AM   #251
Pentaxian

Original Poster
^ The .dcp file has to be named the same way RawTherapee names the camera when you open the RAW file. I think it's RICOH PENTAX K-3 Mark III. I think it's case sensitive too. Once you name the .dcp flle the same way it shows up in RawTherapee, it will automatically load all the time.

The .lcp files you manually load. But you can make some .pp3 files & Dynamic Profile Rules to get them to automatically load as well.
3 Days Ago   #252

hi TheSquirrel Mafia i am hoping you can help i use a Pentax k-1 and mainly shoot pixel shift
i look at my photos in Photoshop first then put them in raw therapy and use the pixelshift de mosaic today the colours on Photoshop look superb but the raw therapy colours are washed out
not even close to Photoshop
i want the colours to be the same and last year they were the same so i don't know what has changed any ideas
monitor is dellu3014
calibrated as it has a lut table
none of the profiles look anything like the Photoshop colours
2 Days Ago   #253
Pentaxian

Original Poster
^ Some questions.
  • Are you on Windows, Mac, or Linux?
  • Are you using the Adobe .dcp files in that are inside the zip file to get the Pentax colors?
  • Are the D-range settings in the camera turned on (i.e.: Highlight Correction & Shadow Correction)?
2 Days Ago   #254

hi windows 10 pro
yes ive tried the dcp files but not as good as what photoshop does but looking at again more shadow detail on raw therapee
no d range sttings are off i only shoot raw
i tried fugi velvia 100 generic and its looking good but on certain mages its to much
2 Days Ago   #255
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Are you using the regular Pentax Bright PP3 file or Pentax Bright - Auto-Matched Tone Curve PP3 file? The Auto-Matched Tone Curve PP3 files take a guess at embedded jpeg tone curve, so sometimes they'll look funny. All the color PP3 files rely on the provided .dcp files, but they need to be installed into the correct folder/directory for them to work properly.

Any way you could upload a RAW file to your Google Drive or something similar?