Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-20-2019, 08:14 PM - 2 Likes   #76
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 241
I used IGV demosaicing in RT. Apart from the noise reduction, I also lowered some saturation and increased contrast a little bit.


ISO 25600 Test - Album on Imgur

10-21-2019, 05:26 AM   #77
Pentaxian




Join Date: Dec 2012
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,076
QuoteOriginally posted by ThorSanchez Quote
So how about some B&W? This is using the Kodak TMAX 3200 3 Alt film simulation.
Nice! ...looks like result from ISO 1600/3200 black and white film. And this is ISO 25 600!
10-21-2019, 08:07 AM   #78
Pentaxian
The Squirrel Mafia's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,196
Original Poster
You folks got some pretty outstanding results with that ISO 25600 photo.
10-21-2019, 01:08 PM   #79
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2012
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,108
QuoteOriginally posted by jmacias Quote
I used IGV demosaicing in RT. Apart from the noise reduction, I also lowered some saturation and increased contrast a little bit.


ISO 25600 Test - Album on Imgur
That's quite good. I need to try IGV. I usually default to LMMSE (I think that's right) with high ISO.



10-21-2019, 01:17 PM   #80
Senior Member
Sir Nameless's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 176
QuoteOriginally posted by ThorSanchez Quote
That's quite good. I need to try IGV. I usually default to LMMSE (I think that's right) with high ISO.
Same here. I thought I remembered reading somewhere that LSSME is the right one to use, but I just checked Rawpedia, and it lists either that or IGV for high ISO. Cant argue with the results, although Im not sure of the resolution of that sample (I looked at it on mobile).
11-06-2019, 10:16 AM - 1 Like   #81
Pentaxian
The Squirrel Mafia's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,196
Original Poster
UPDATE!


I've uploaded a new set of PP3 files with some changes. There are some NR tweaks & some other settings have been set in them.

The biggest change is a new Capture Sharpening setting in the latest development build. This setting will be available in the next 5.8 version. If you're running the 5.7, it's going to ignore anything with Capture Sharpening. There's a new PP3 file in the TSM - PP3 Optional that will enable it. That or you can just go to the Raw tab & enable it yourself.

There are some additional Pentax color changes that have - TSM attached to the end of them. These have some changes in the exposure to give you a slightly punchier look. Some might like it, some might not. You will need to install the DCP files in the correct place to use them.

There are some new builds with the same PP3 files already included on my Google Drive. Once again, you'll still need to install the DCP files in the correct place to get the Pentax color PP3 files to work.

There is also the optional optional dynamic profile Installation that's included. You can make many rules & automate RawTherapee with these rules.



Basically, once you set your rules, you can batch all your RAW files by selecting all, right clicking, restore to default, let RawTherapee process for a few seconds/minutes, & then right click put to cue & let RawTherapee apply all the settings you want while it spits out all your jpeg or TIFF files. It's ridiculous!

OK! Have fun!
11-07-2019, 11:34 AM   #82
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2012
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,108
QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
The biggest change is a new Capture Sharpening setting in the latest development build. This setting will be available in the next 5.8 version. If you're running the 5.7, it's going to ignore anything with Capture Sharpening. There's a new PP3 file in the TSM - PP3 Optional that will enable it. That or you can just go to the Raw tab & enable it yourself.
Very interesting. I read through the pixls.us threads on the Capture Sharpening and although I didn't see a ton of difference in heckfloss' photos, it seems like it could be a useful tool with less haloing during sharpening. I really like the open discussion of new features, development builds, and even the theory and math behind what's being implemented, even if much of it goes over my head.
11-07-2019, 12:04 PM   #83
Pentaxian
The Squirrel Mafia's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,196
Original Poster
^ Yes. There is definitely way less haloing & artifacts. As the ISO climbs, one needs to use the median filter to avoid over sharpening artifacts. I start using the median filter at about ISO 800 when using Capture Sharpening. I wonder how version 6.0 will eventually turn out.

11-15-2019, 02:56 PM   #84
Pentaxian
The Squirrel Mafia's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,196
Original Poster
Some random Fujifilm HaldCLUT files to play with.


Fuji Film Simulation Profiles Stuart Sowerby

^ Download them from there. If you want to get straight to the download, just click HERE.

NOTE: See the 1st post of this thread if you don't know how to install & use HaldCLUT files.

These don't really work with any type of tone curves. You basically have to turn off the Auto-Matched Tone Curve or reset the curve to linear in the Exposure tab. If you are using some kind of DCP file, you'll also have to uncheck the Tone curve box in the DCP area of Color Management in the Color tab. The Natural DCP would be the ideal one to use or set the color to Camera standard.

Next, go the the Film Simulation section in the Color tab & go to pick one of the Fuji XTrans III simulations. If anything you might need to manually adjust the Exposure compensation in the Exposure tab a bit.

And there you have it. Have fun!
11-15-2019, 03:37 PM   #85
Pentaxian
ChristianRock's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Woodstock, GA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,354
QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
Some random Fujifilm HaldCLUT files to play with.


Fuji Film Simulation Profiles Stuart Sowerby

^ Download them from there. If you want to get straight to the download, just click HERE.

NOTE: See the 1st post of this thread if you don't know how to install & use HaldCLUT files.

These don't really work with any type of tone curves. You basically have to turn off the Auto-Matched Tone Curve or reset the curve to linear in the Exposure tab. If you are using some kind of DCP file, you'll also have to uncheck the Tone curve box in the DCP area of Color Management in the Color tab. The Natural DCP would be the ideal one to use or set the color to Camera standard.

Next, go the the Film Simulation section in the Color tab & go to pick one of the Fuji XTrans III simulations. If anything you might need to manually adjust the Exposure compensation in the Exposure tab a bit.

And there you have it. Have fun!
Those are neat, I've used them quite a bit.
11-15-2019, 11:59 PM   #86
Senior Member




Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 209
Thanks for sharing this! I've recently started to use RT since I've bought a KP. I've only used the bundled SilkyPix til now, but seems to be working good so far.
11-17-2019, 08:15 AM   #87
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 116
I read somewhere how someone posited that GPU acceleration would likely be implemented in a future version (version 5.9-ish). I can't remember where I read this, and I can't find any mention of it in the RT forums. Is this something that is actually planned, or just someone hypothesisng? RT already works well for a CPU optimised program, so I wonder what could be gained from GPU acceleration. I believe I also read that an aspect of the upcoming capture sharpening feature would also be well suited to running on GPU threads, so maybe that's the extent that we can expect?
11-18-2019, 09:38 AM   #88
Pentaxian
The Squirrel Mafia's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,196
Original Poster
^ That's quite interesting. I haven't heard anything about that, but it would be quite welcome.

I'm not a developer for RawTherapee, so I really don't know what's in store for the future. I just ride along with the development builds & find new features as they get added.
11-21-2019, 07:02 AM   #89
Pentaxian




Join Date: Dec 2012
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,076
It is impressive how fast new features are added to RT. And the OP's work on the profile also!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
app, button, code, darktable, dxo, file, files, folders, image, improvements, iso, link, linux, mac, noise, photography, photoshop, post, presets, program, rawtherapee, results, rt, settings, test, thread, time
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Squirrel Mafia's Pentax Digital Camera Utiliy (PDCU) thread. Now with more color! The Squirrel Mafia Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 37 06-16-2019 11:54 PM
The Squirrel Mafia's RawTherapee thread. Now with 50% more excellence & win! The Squirrel Mafia Digital Processing, Software, and Printing 574 02-11-2019 01:41 PM
Nature The Squirrel Watching Spot..and the Squirrel ToddK Post Your Photos! 7 11-10-2018 09:47 PM
The Seagul Mafia and other winter lake tales jsherman999 Post Your Photos! 4 11-30-2008 08:36 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:32 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top