Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 194 Likes Search this Thread
10-20-2019, 08:14 PM - 2 Likes   #76
Pentaxian

I used IGV demosaicing in RT. Apart from the noise reduction, I also lowered some saturation and increased contrast a little bit.

ISO 25600 Test - Album on Imgur

10-21-2019, 05:26 AM   #77
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ThorSanchez Quote
So how about some B&W? This is using the Kodak TMAX 3200 3 Alt film simulation.
Nice! ...looks like result from ISO 1600/3200 black and white film. And this is ISO 25 600!
10-21-2019, 08:07 AM   #78
Pentaxian

Original Poster
You folks got some pretty outstanding results with that ISO 25600 photo.
10-21-2019, 01:08 PM   #79
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jmacias Quote
I used IGV demosaicing in RT. Apart from the noise reduction, I also lowered some saturation and increased contrast a little bit.

ISO 25600 Test - Album on Imgur
That's quite good. I need to try IGV. I usually default to LMMSE (I think that's right) with high ISO.

10-21-2019, 01:17 PM   #80
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ThorSanchez Quote
That's quite good. I need to try IGV. I usually default to LMMSE (I think that's right) with high ISO.
Same here. I thought I remembered reading somewhere that LSSME is the right one to use, but I just checked Rawpedia, and it lists either that or IGV for high ISO. Can’t argue with the results, although I’m not sure of the resolution of that sample (I looked at it on mobile).
11-06-2019, 10:16 AM - 1 Like   #81
Pentaxian

Original Poster
UPDATE!

I've uploaded a new set of PP3 files with some changes. There are some NR tweaks & some other settings have been set in them.

The biggest change is a new Capture Sharpening setting in the latest development build. This setting will be available in the next 5.8 version. If you're running the 5.7, it's going to ignore anything with Capture Sharpening. There's a new PP3 file in the TSM - PP3 Optional that will enable it. That or you can just go to the Raw tab & enable it yourself.

There are some additional Pentax color changes that have - TSM attached to the end of them. These have some changes in the exposure to give you a slightly punchier look. Some might like it, some might not. You will need to install the DCP files in the correct place to use them.

There are some new builds with the same PP3 files already included on my Google Drive. Once again, you'll still need to install the DCP files in the correct place to get the Pentax color PP3 files to work.

There is also the optional optional dynamic profile Installation that's included. You can make many rules & automate RawTherapee with these rules.

Basically, once you set your rules, you can batch all your RAW files by selecting all, right clicking, restore to default, let RawTherapee process for a few seconds/minutes, & then right click put to cue & let RawTherapee apply all the settings you want while it spits out all your jpeg or TIFF files. It's ridiculous!

OK! Have fun!

Last edited by The Squirrel Mafia; 12-09-2019 at 02:09 PM.
11-07-2019, 11:34 AM   #82
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
The biggest change is a new Capture Sharpening setting in the latest development build. This setting will be available in the next 5.8 version. If you're running the 5.7, it's going to ignore anything with Capture Sharpening. There's a new PP3 file in the TSM - PP3 Optional that will enable it. That or you can just go to the Raw tab & enable it yourself.
Very interesting. I read through the pixls.us threads on the Capture Sharpening and although I didn't see a ton of difference in heckfloss' photos, it seems like it could be a useful tool with less haloing during sharpening. I really like the open discussion of new features, development builds, and even the theory and math behind what's being implemented, even if much of it goes over my head.

11-07-2019, 12:04 PM   #83
Pentaxian

Original Poster
^ Yes. There is definitely way less haloing & artifacts. As the ISO climbs, one needs to use the median filter to avoid over sharpening artifacts. I start using the median filter at about ISO 800 when using Capture Sharpening. I wonder how version 6.0 will eventually turn out.
11-15-2019, 02:56 PM   #84
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Some random Fujifilm HaldCLUT files to play with.

Fuji Film Simulation Profiles – Stuart Sowerby

^ Download them from there. If you want to get straight to the download, just click HERE.

NOTE: See the 1st post of this thread if you don't know how to install & use HaldCLUT files.

These don't really work with any type of tone curves. You basically have to turn off the Auto-Matched Tone Curve or reset the curve to linear in the Exposure tab. If you are using some kind of DCP file, you'll also have to uncheck the Tone curve box in the DCP area of Color Management in the Color tab. The Natural DCP would be the ideal one to use or set the color to Camera standard.

Next, go the the Film Simulation section in the Color tab & go to pick one of the Fuji XTrans III simulations. If anything you might need to manually adjust the Exposure compensation in the Exposure tab a bit.

And there you have it. Have fun!
11-15-2019, 03:37 PM   #85
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
Some random Fujifilm HaldCLUT files to play with.

Fuji Film Simulation Profiles – Stuart Sowerby

^ Download them from there. If you want to get straight to the download, just click HERE.

NOTE: See the 1st post of this thread if you don't know how to install & use HaldCLUT files.

These don't really work with any type of tone curves. You basically have to turn off the Auto-Matched Tone Curve or reset the curve to linear in the Exposure tab. If you are using some kind of DCP file, you'll also have to uncheck the Tone curve box in the DCP area of Color Management in the Color tab. The Natural DCP would be the ideal one to use or set the color to Camera standard.

Next, go the the Film Simulation section in the Color tab & go to pick one of the Fuji XTrans III simulations. If anything you might need to manually adjust the Exposure compensation in the Exposure tab a bit.

And there you have it. Have fun!
Those are neat, I've used them quite a bit.
11-15-2019, 11:59 PM   #86
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for sharing this! I've recently started to use RT since I've bought a KP. I've only used the bundled SilkyPix til now, but seems to be working good so far.
11-17-2019, 08:15 AM   #87

I read somewhere how someone posited that GPU acceleration would likely be implemented in a future version (version 5.9-ish). I can't remember where I read this, and I can't find any mention of it in the RT forums. Is this something that is actually planned, or just someone hypothesisng? RT already works well for a CPU optimised program, so I wonder what could be gained from GPU acceleration. I believe I also read that an aspect of the upcoming capture sharpening feature would also be well suited to running on GPU threads, so maybe that's the extent that we can expect?
11-18-2019, 09:38 AM   #88
Pentaxian

Original Poster
^ That's quite interesting. I haven't heard anything about that, but it would be quite welcome.

I'm not a developer for RawTherapee, so I really don't know what's in store for the future. I just ride along with the development builds & find new features as they get added.
11-21-2019, 07:02 AM   #89
Pentaxian

It is impressive how fast new features are added to RT. And the OP's work on the profile also!
12-09-2019, 02:08 PM - 1 Like   #90
Pentaxian

Original Poster
UPDATE!

I have a new build on my Google Drive & I've also uploaded some updated PP3 files. There are some minor NR tweaks & I rearranged the PP3 files in the TSM - PP3 Optional a bit to make more sense of the PP3 files.

Have fun!

Last edited by The Squirrel Mafia; 01-02-2020 at 04:19 PM.