Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-30-2008, 06:38 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
how to reduce processing time with lightroom

Perhaps the title is a little misleading, but I'll carry on regardless.
I've done a number of model shoots recently, resulting in sometimes hundreds of pictures...
In past I would delete all the obviously bad ones, then attempt to process the rest... this is very time consuming, but the clients love to receive so many shots.
In future I'd rather offer them a digital proof sheet of some kind, and get them to choose 10 favs from the shoot, and then work on those only.

Is this possible in Lightroom 2.1 on the PC, or (less usefully perhaps), another app that will create the sheet from the raw images?

Thanks in advance people!

09-30-2008, 08:48 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Actually, perhaps I should just use the image re sizer when exporting for a digital proof sheet, rather than the jpeg quality setting.

300 by 500 pixels size, 100 pixels per inch seems to be ok
09-30-2008, 10:13 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Have you tried Instant JPG? It extracts a copy of the embedded jpg in each RAW file to a subdirectory. You can specify the dimensions of the jpg files in a batch mode. As long as you have your camera settings for jpg to your liking, this should give you a quick path to proof sheet dimensioned jpgs from a shoot. The software is free and works quickly. You will find it at RawWorkflow.com - Digital Photography Products and Education - news and commentary

Best regards

Rob
09-30-2008, 10:30 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I'm a Mac user myself, but I bet a freeware, swiss army knife program like XnView or IfranView should be able to read a folder or set of images and make a matrix of pictures out of them. The RAW conversion wouldn't be the best, but it doesn't sound like that's what you need. I also remember doing this with JPEGs and one of the ImageMagick programs, but something with a GUI might be easier.

10-01-2008, 04:22 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I think you can use the Print module in Lightroom to set up multiple images on one sheet.
10-01-2008, 05:31 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by krypticide Quote
I think you can use the Print module in Lightroom to set up multiple images on one sheet.
You can, its setup for contact printing, and there are a lot of presets for various sizes and so on.
10-03-2008, 12:44 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Maxington Quote
You can, its setup for contact printing, and there are a lot of presets for various sizes and so on.
I don't want to print you understand, so I assume this is a digital result I'd gain?

Thanks for all the replies though guys
10-03-2008, 10:29 AM   #8
Veteran Member

You can print to JPG, instead of a printer.

10-03-2008, 03:30 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
That's wicked! thanks