Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
04-06-2019, 04:00 AM   #1

Yellow areas - only shown in lightroom and camera raw?

I just noticed that I get yellow areas in some photos, but only when I see them in Lightroom or camera raw. If I export from lightroom they dissapear and if I import from camera raw into Photoshop, they also disappear. The tinted areas also move when I use the expousre/highligts sliders in lightroom so it really feels like a lightroom issue. The issue appears regardless of camera (Pentax K-5 and Pentax K-3). File format is DNG

Does anyone have an Idea of what is happening?

Adding two pictures to show the problem. One is a export from lightroom and the other is a screenshot from lightroom.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo   
04-06-2019, 07:29 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

My totally uneducated guess is that these colour shadows are a form of chromatic aberration, and lens and light related. Lightroom is just cleaning it up on processing and export.
04-06-2019, 09:17 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
My totally uneducated guess is that these colour shadows are a form of chromatic aberration, and lens and light related. Lightroom is just cleaning it up on processing and export.
Wouldn't yellow-green be the center of the lens design wavelength band, and chromatic aberration be the result of red and blue misalignment/misfocus? A close look suggests higher noise in that color.
04-06-2019, 10:43 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Are the colour spaces and bit depths the same in the 3 applications ?

04-06-2019, 11:41 AM - 1 Like   #5

Original Poster
After a bit of googling, it turns out that lightroom and camera raw use monitor profiles slightly differently than other programs and that this kind of behavior can happen if the profile is corrupt in some way. So I re profiled it and the yellow areas disappeared. Thanks to all you you that made an effort to help