Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-24-2019, 09:00 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Watermark in Lightroom 5

Hello folks,
I'm trying to learn how to add a watermark to my images. I go into watermarks, add my name and date, and hit save. Nothing shows up on my image. What am I doing wrong? Thank you very much.

04-24-2019, 09:04 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Are you remembering to apply it on export?

Steve
04-24-2019, 10:08 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote

Steve
Ok Steve, I'll try that. Thank you.

---------- Post added 04-24-19 at 11:01 AM ----------

Steve
Boy, this is getting frustrating. I think I'll try again, tomorrow. Thanks for your help.
04-24-2019, 01:38 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster

Steve
Hello Steve,
I found an excellent You Tube Tutorial on exactly how to do it. I'll watch that until I get it figured out. Thank you.

04-24-2019, 05:26 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

As far as I know watermarking is available only in the export dialog. You will only see the watermark in the exported image and not in the original in the library. I believe it is limited to a text message. If there is a facility to add a graphic element, I have not found it.

You can add text in colour with variable transparencv to bottom left, bottom right or bottom centre of the image.

To use more elaborate watermarks. I suggest a layer based application such as photoshop or others similar.
04-25-2019, 03:57 AM   #6
Veteran Member

In LR you can add a watermark either text or graphic and position where you require (some limits!)

Click Watermark in the Export dialogue and either select a watermark preset or Edit to create a new or alter existing. Your current image should be displayed in a dialogue box along with the options to change move text and graphics

You can also view the effect in a larger version in the Print Module which will also allow you to add and position your Identity Plate. You can also output the watermarked and ID plate image as a JPEG, albeit without the full control over sizing that Export allows
04-25-2019, 10:33 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TonyW Quote
In LR you can add a watermark either text or graphic and position where you require (some limits!)

Click Watermark in the Export dialogue and either select a watermark preset or Edit to create a new or alter existing. Your current image should be displayed in a dialogue box along with the options to change move text and graphics

You can also view the effect in a larger version in the Print Module which will also allow you to add and position your Identity Plate. You can also output the watermarked and ID plate image as a JPEG, albeit without the full control over sizing that Export allows
Thank you, Bruce.

---------- Post added 04-25-19 at 10:35 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by TonyW Quote

Thats very helpful, Tony. Thank you

04-25-2019, 11:20 AM - 1 Like   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Bruce Clark Quote
I believe it is limited to a text message. If there is a facility to add a graphic element, I have not found it.
It is there. You can use any PNG file with transparency as a watermark overlay on export.
04-25-2019, 04:18 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
It is there. You can use any PNG file with transparency as a watermark overlay on export.
Thanks. I learn something every day.