Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-06-2008, 02:29 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Bibble (4 or 5) vs Lightroom 2

Hi. I'm looking for some RAW processing software and I ended up with Bibble and Lightroom so far. But the problem I have is that I cannot make a final decision between them.

Bibble looks great for its price but my concern is mainly about its DNG support. As far as I know it doesn't support converted DNG files (only DNGs from your camera) and probably (according to their forum) won't support them. Another thing is a camera profiling, still don't know if the new version will have it.

Lightroom looks great too but the price si significantly higher. On the other hand, their support for DNG files looks much superior, moreover the new DNG profiles and the camera profiling are nice features.

Any advice?

10-06-2008, 03:45 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Well Im not a M$ supporter at all, in fact I use no M$ products, so Bibble 4 (soon to be 5) was my choice. I am 100% happy, and it is, as they state, MUCH faster than mostly anything else wjhen it comes to raw conversion. I am quite suprised with Bibble 4, and if B5 is what I think it will be, then wow, LR won't replace it for me.
And yes, the price of adobe products are prohibitively high
10-06-2008, 06:50 AM   #3

I've used Bibble4 and I don't think anyone has used Bibble5 yet. Lightroom2 is what I'm using and I like it a lot. I'll download a trial of Bibble5 when it's available and give it a look.

In Bibble4 the highlight recovery simply didn't work and that was a big failure for me. The interface on Lightroom is, in my opinion, great. I don't use the library module in Lightroom but people who do seem to like it.

I haven't figured out what Microsoft has to do with Lightroom.
10-06-2008, 12:01 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I think I will support Bibble Labs after all...