Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-15-2019, 08:48 PM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
ON1 adds dual monitor support

ON1 Photo RAW 2019.5 has just been released, and includes the long-awaited dual monitor support. It also allows dual windows on one monitor.

Now, if only they would have a full screen viewing option ....

05-15-2019, 10:01 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
ON1 Photo RAW 2019.5 has just been released, and includes the long-awaited dual monitor support. It also allows dual windows on one monitor.

Now, if only they would have a full screen viewing option ....
... and adds a working history!
05-16-2019, 12:12 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by subsea Quote
... and adds a working history!
That's there too in the new release.

What’s New in 2019.5 (13.5.7007)

ON1 Photo RAW 2019.5 is a free update packed with new features and enhancements. Here are some of the biggest improvements and fixes:

New Features
  • Dual Mode — Now you can have a second copy of your photos in another window. This is perfect if you have two displays and want a grid of thumbnails on one display and a magnified detail view on another. It’s also great for presenting your photos to a client with a projector or large TV. You can show them photos, zoom and compare without seeing the rest of the application window.
  • History — Full history has been added when you work on a photo. You can see every step of your editing, roll-back and compare adjustments and easily revert to the beginning of your session.
  • Setting Applied Info — Now you can view which modules, tools and filters you have used on a photo, even in Browse. Simply double-click to jump to a setting and adjust it.
  • Selective Sync — When you sync your settings (or paste or save a preset) you have enhanced granularity in which settings to apply. You can drill down and only apply a white balance adjustment for example. You can even sync cropping, retouching and brush strokes between photos.
  • Hierarchical Keywords — The master keyword list now supports nested keywords inside of other keywords. This allows you to organize your keywords as you see fit. You can even import a list of nested keywords from other apps Adobe Lightroom. Keywords in general have been improved too. It’s easier to search, add delete and modify them. They are also case sensitive now.

Last edited by Paul the Sunman; 05-16-2019 at 07:59 AM.
05-16-2019, 07:44 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I own Affinity, Luminar, and the LR/PS subscription, but over time On1 has become my “go-to” post-processing program. It just seems to fit me.

I am excited to learn of these new additions, and I can’t wait to get home from my road trip to install the new version on my iMac.

05-16-2019, 08:25 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm really wanting to love On1 but had been disappointed in the speed and overall performance until sometime recently. It had been pretty much unusable. While nothing on my side has changed hardware-wise the On1 2019.2 version ran surprisingly clean when I gave it another go last week. I'll spend a lot more time with it the next two weeks and give it a better trialing. Adobe is irritating me with the money grab. Highly irritating me.
05-16-2019, 12:40 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
I'm really wanting to love On1 but had been disappointed in the speed and overall performance until sometime recently. It had been pretty much unusable. While nothing on my side has changed hardware-wise the On1 2019.2 version ran surprisingly clean when I gave it another go last week. I'll spend a lot more time with it the next two weeks and give it a better trialing. Adobe is irritating me with the money grab. Highly irritating me.
I have had no problems with speed with On1. It literally screams on my iMac 27" and also plays very nicely on my close-to-clapped-out 2012 MacBook Pro. The MacBook is due to be retired for its newer brethren this summer so I will expect to experience similar performance to the iMac.
05-30-2019, 03:09 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My ON1 approach is from Capture One (which chose to actively disregard K1 II ):
- the full screen window still wastes quite a bit of real estate with controls pane, as opposed to C1 where you can have the image cover the entire second screen and controls plus browser on the first screen;
- speed, speed, speed - C1 is pretty nimble with K1 raws on my 2018 Macbook Pro i7 / 2 cores / 16GB and a second 4K screen, while ON1 with K1 II files has blocking UI delays on most editing steps (preview, transitions, load, etc.) with just the Retina screen.

ON1 still has a way to go. While I'll continue paying for its upcoming versions as I want to support fresh competition, I would still buy C1 12.x right away the moment they add K1 II support.