Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-08-2008, 08:26 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
online tool for generating 100% crops with exif info

I wrote a little online utility for creating 100% crops with Exif info below the image. Please give it a try if you have a chance. I hope some of you will find it useful. You can find it at Weblightbox

This is what the output looks like:

You can set the crop size, add your own copyright info on the bottom left corner and edit the exif info. The small icon on the bottom right shows where in the image the crop was taken from.

10-08-2008, 09:13 PM   #2
Veteran Member

ah no! java ... i don't like installing it on
the output looks good tho
10-08-2008, 09:35 PM   #3
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by walter Quote
I wrote a little online utility for creating 100% crops with Exif info below the image. Please give it a try if you have a chance. I hope some of you will find it useful. You can find it at Weblightbox
Your Web Ap does not recognize Java in the Chrome Browser
10-08-2008, 09:40 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
ah no! java ... i don't like installing it on
the output looks good tho
Sorry, I should have warned about that. Thanks for taking a look though.
I should also mention that the applet isn't signed with a verisign certificate. I
probably won't be able to fix that since it would cost me the price of a very
nice lens each year to pay for a code signing certificate.

Last edited by walter; 10-08-2008 at 10:01 PM.
10-08-2008, 09:41 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clee01l Quote
Your Web Ap does not recognize Java in the Chrome Browser
Thanks! I'll take a look at that.

It looks like Chrome will only work with the very latest Java update (6u10, which is still in beta).
I tried installing the chrome and the beta version of Java (http://www.java.net/download/jdk6/6u10/promoted/b28/binaries/jre-6u10-rc-bin...1_jul_2008.exe)
and it worked after I restarted Chrome, but I can't really recommend installing beta software (unless it's my own )

If you're already running Java 6u10, then I must have another problem which I'm not able to reproduce.

I did update the "get the latest java" link, which was pointing to an older version of java.

Last edited by walter; 10-08-2008 at 10:10 PM. Reason: add to response
10-09-2008, 05:21 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I only used a 200mm lens but it told me I used a 2000mm one! I wish!

Annoying when you click on the crop area that the box snaps across so the mouse pointer is in the middle of the box. Makes it tricky for fine adjustments.
10-10-2008, 03:13 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
I only used a 200mm lens but it told me I used a 2000mm one! I wish!

Annoying when you click on the crop area that the box snaps across so the mouse pointer is in the middle of the box. Makes it tricky for fine adjustments.
Thanks for the suggestion and for taking a look! If you click and drag, it might make adjustment easier. You can also click and drag in the exif view. I find I like that better for fine adjustments since you can see the results better. I'll probably add the ability to drag out and adjust arbitrary sized crop box the way most people are used to. I started out with it working that way, but got lazy and set it to fixed sized instead.

I'll take a look into the 2000mm bug. Maybe I need to buy some longer lenses for testing

10-26-2008, 03:37 PM   #8

Original Poster
I added more flexible cropping tools and I think I fixed the focal length bug. Thanks for all the suggestions.