07-14-2019, 04:29 PM   #2
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I downloaded a copy a few months ago - pretty slick app

Freebie! (Aurora HDR) - PentaxForums.com
07-14-2019, 07:45 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Be careful as you install this. The download link is not directly from the manufacturer of Aurora HDR. It goes to "Shareware On Sale" instead. They wrapped the normal Aurora HDR download inside a 2nd layer of installer. If you click the wrong Yes/No button during installation you will give them permission to install extra software for displaying pop-up ads on your computer.
07-14-2019, 07:56 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
Be careful as you install this. The download link is not directly from the manufacturer of Aurora HDR. It goes to "Shareware On Sale" instead. They wrapped the normal Aurora HDR download inside a 2nd layer of installer. If you click the wrong Yes/No button during installation you will give them permission to install extra software for displaying pop-up ads on your computer.
Not the OS X version. That install was drag & drop.

07-16-2019, 02:39 AM   #5
Pentaxian

I downloaded this software and have just found out that it doesn't support *.dng files - and this is the RAW format from my K-50. Does it mean that I have to convert the files to JPEG first, and then merge them into the HDR file? Somehow I thought that the whole HDR trick was to merge RAW files, not JPEGs. This way I could simply use in-camera hdr option - or am I missing sth?
07-16-2019, 05:15 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Chris_K Quote
I downloaded this software and have just found out that it doesn't support *.dng files - and this is the RAW format from my K-50. Does it mean that I have to convert the files to JPEG first, and then merge them into the HDR file? Somehow I thought that the whole HDR trick was to merge RAW files, not JPEGs. This way I could simply use in-camera hdr option - or am I missing sth?
It opened DNG files just fine for me, but it has to process them. Maybe it's because I have Luminar installed...
07-16-2019, 09:39 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It opened the DNG files from my K-3 with no problems and I don't have Luminar installed. I didn't notice a slow down from processing the DNG files when I opened it. It popped right up and I'm really glad that I haven't discovered it trying to "manage" my digital assets the way some digital processing programs want to do.

07-16-2019, 09:42 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Ben,

I took it for a spin and it seems pretty good. I've got to delve into the preferences to change a few things if they can be changed.
07-16-2019, 12:26 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Then I don't know what's wrong. I even watched video tutorial to make sure I use the right way to upload the files (though it's rather straightforward). After selecting the files the software is thinking for a second or two and then gives the error message :/
I did a quick search and there are users with similar problems, like software not opening any file format. Mine works with jpegs. Re-installation didn't help :/
07-16-2019, 05:53 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Then I don't know what's wrong. I even watched video tutorial to make sure I use the right way to upload the files (though it's rather straightforward). After selecting the files the software is thinking for a second or two and then gives the error message :/
I did a quick search and there are users with similar problems, like software not opening any file format. Mine works with jpegs. Re-installation didn't help :/
I'm not sure why you have to 'upload' a file. Are you using it standalone? If so just click the open button and navigate to the DNG file you want to open and a standard windows dialog window opens and you click the file you want opened and it opens. I am assuming you are using windows 10. if you're on an Apple product I can't help you. Does your system meet the requirements for the windows version? On an older laptop I have I didn't have an Open GL 3.3 graphics card and it caused problems.
07-17-2019, 12:07 AM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
I'm not sure why you have to 'upload' a file. Are you using it standalone? If so just click the open button and navigate to the DNG file you want to open and a standard windows dialog window opens and you click the file you want opened and it opens. I am assuming you are using windows 10. if you're on an Apple product I can't help you. Does your system meet the requirements for the windows version? On an older laptop I have I didn't have an Open GL 3.3 graphics card and it caused problems.
Hi,
Sorry for the confusion - I have used wrong word. You are right - it's not actually uploading, but simply opening - and I've tried both ways: from the top menu (file -> open) and the 'open file' button from the start window of the program. My computer is relatively new with windows 10 installed and I'm pretty sure it meets the requirements for this type of software.
The error message I'm getting says "(...) cannot open the file (...) The file might be damaged or the format is not compatible"
I might also try installation on another computer, but the operating system and all the rest are virtually the same.
07-17-2019, 03:32 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Upload the raw files somewhere and maybe someone can check it on their system.
07-17-2019, 11:36 AM   #13
Pentaxian

Not a bad idea - so if anyone here was kind to check one of these files (~13 MB each) - please let me know if they work.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ATrbiBGrTbdQzjAI-KpKRb_d3a-Jxoi7
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JXGEbSWiTRrhL6KrkiOCm34nt_p8fvuQ
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NDohaUG9mN3U95UosXyhf3O7JM8hSCSZ
07-17-2019, 12:28 PM - 1 Like   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OK you must have other issues going on, here are your merged photos done in about 2 minutes. Nothing but straight through Aurora HDR 2018. I used drag and drop of all three dng files at once worked perfectly.

For Chris K Pentax Forums
by Larry Mc, on Flickr

Last edited by Larrymc; 07-17-2019 at 12:47 PM.
07-17-2019, 12:44 PM - 1 Like   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Have you tried to open single DNG files instead of trying to open all three?