Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
07-17-2019, 12:47 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
OK you must have other issues going on here is your merged photos done in about 2 minutes. Nothing but straight through Aurora HDR 2018. I used drag and drop of all three dng files at once worked perfectly.
Thanks a lot! I'll attend to the problem again. And the HDR you posted looks definitely better than HDR straight-from-camera.
regards,
Chris

---------- Post added 07-17-19 at 12:47 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Have you tried to open single DNG files instead of trying to open all three?
Yes, I have. No difference.

Last edited by Chris_K; 07-17-2019 at 12:50 PM. Reason: grammar error
07-17-2019, 01:29 PM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Chris_K Quote
Thanks a lot! I'll attend to the problem again. And the HDR you posted looks definitely better than HDR straight-from-camera.
regards,
Chris

---------- Post added 07-17-19 at 12:47 PM ----------

Yes, I have. No difference.
Glad to help. You may need to use an uninstaller like REVO uninstaller and do an advance uninstall to completely remove AHDR then go back and install the program again or better yet download a new copy of AHDR just make sure you have the license key written down to activate the program.
07-18-2019, 11:20 AM   #18
Pentaxian

So I used this Revo uninstaller to perform full uninstallation, but reinstallation didn't help. I tried the whole thing on my laptop (the same installation file with the same license key) - and it works just like that! So I have no idea why it doesn't on the other machine, but at least I can use it.
Thanks for the support!
07-18-2019, 06:23 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So I used this Revo uninstaller to perform full uninstallation, but reinstallation didn't help. I t.ried the whole thing on my laptop (the same installation file with the same license key) - and it works just like that! So I have no idea why it doesn't on the other machine, but at least I can use it.
Thanks for the support!
You're welcome! OK, thats good. Are your two windows 10 machines both 64 bit? Also how much video ram do both machines have? There has to be a logical explanation for all of this.

Larry

07-19-2019, 11:14 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Yup, both are Windows 10, 64x. Both have 4 GB ram. The one which failed has 3.30 GHz Intel processor, while the other (working) is Intel core i5, 2.70 GHz. Both are fairly new machines so I'd be quite surprised if the hardware was the problem...

Ok, now I see you were asking about video memory. Not sure how to get to this data. "Failed" machines says it has "Intel HD graphics" while 'Working" one shows two: Intel HD graphics 620 and Radeon R5 M430.

Last edited by Chris_K; 07-19-2019 at 11:25 AM. Reason: additional info
07-19-2019, 02:46 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Yup, both are Windows 10, 64x. Both have 4 GB ram. The one which failed has 3.30 GHz Intel processor, while the other (working) is Intel core i5, 2.70 GHz. Both are fairly new machines so I'd be quite surprised if the hardware was the problem...

Ok, now I see you were asking about video memory. Not sure how to get to this data. "Failed" machines says it has "Intel HD graphics" while 'Working" one shows two: Intel HD graphics 620 and Radeon R5 M430.
Intel HD graphics use shared memory if I'm not mistaken (a small amount of memory built-in to the chip in some chips plus system RAM). The Radeon is a discreet GPU with its own RAM. Plus 4GB is a really small amount of RAM these days.

Also, the last chip set that used the HD Graphics brand with no number was Broadwell in 2013...HD Graphics 620 is from Kaby Lake from 2016.

Last edited by boriscleto; 07-19-2019 at 02:51 PM.
07-19-2019, 11:46 PM   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Intel HD graphics use shared memory if I'm not mistaken (a small amount of memory built-in to the chip in some chips plus system RAM). The Radeon is a discreet GPU with its own RAM. Plus 4GB is a really small amount of RAM these days.

Also, the last chip set that used the HD Graphics brand with no number was Broadwell in 2013...HD Graphics 620 is from Kaby Lake from 2016.
Thanks for comment. So now I can see that the graphics in my first machine is not impressive, but still, it is the one I use for post-processing all of my raws. I use SilkyPix software (the one I got with my K-50) and there is no problem with loading folder with 300 raw files. Also, the software jumps between files pretty fluently. So based on that I'm not sure whether the hardware with its limited graphic resources can be the source of my problem with Aurora HDR.

Last edited by Chris_K; 07-19-2019 at 11:53 PM. Reason: grammar